Multi Tab Lists

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Blues
Starting to like this

Multi Tab Lists

It'd be really cool to just drag a folder over from the left side and drop it next to the current tab to get an additional tab - a very intuitive and fast way to create favorite folders on the fly, and still have the left tree in full view. It would suffice for the tabs to bear the name of their folder (without path), although I wouldn't mind being able to name them, of course.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Multi Tab Lists

It's really one of the harder things to implement, seeing that the file list is completely custom-built. But I have some ideas on that topic and of course this would be a fantastic way to organize view, very web browser-like.

Even though I'd want to use this feature myself right now I have to honestly say that this is on the very low priority side of things, which doesn't mean there won't be playlists! In future I'll be releasing intermediate feature solutions and improving them later on rather than trying to work out perfect solutions.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Blues
Starting to like this

That's the thing about coming up with wishes as a non-programmer: No clue how feasible ideas are in terms of technical limits. For a layman like me it seems a simple matter of duplicating the very same code that's already implemented.

You're right of course, I just took the concept from web browsers and file managers. But I never considered the effort/payoff ratio, or performance issues and what not. So never mind, I trust and accept your priorities and decisions.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Thanks!

Trying to explain it; there are basically two ways of doing this: one way is to duplicate everything (a lot), which is obviously horrendous. The other way is to switch tabs, but just exchange the content of one single list. The latter is of course much more efficient when done right, not just memory-wise, so that's what I'll be going for.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Blues
Starting to like this

Good to know. Thanks for filling me in.
Again, no worries, I'd rather see you aiming big for the really good stuff, and not wasting your time on half-baked solutions.