Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
spacev2
Starting to like this
First Name: Mark
Primary DAW: Steinberg Cubase
Resonic: Pro

Cross Fades Option for Selections to Help Prevent Unwanted Clicks & Pops

Hi,

Cool sounds can be created by gradually shortening / lengthening the start and end points of the loop selection, however some samples are prone to clicking and popping while using this method.
Take this idea a step further and record pitch modulation ontop and you can really come up with some nice sounds quickly.

It would be nice if there was a option to enable crossfades on the selection start and end points to reduce unwanted clicks and pops to make this sound designing concept more well rounded.

This would save alot of time so I don't have to do this process through a sampler inside my DAW such as native instruments kontakt.

Thanks

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

I'll give it some thought. Fades are definitely coming, x-fades for looping sections are a bit different though.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

spacev2
Starting to like this
First Name: Mark
Primary DAW: Steinberg Cubase
Resonic: Pro

I understand that Resonic Pro is first and foremost a sample manager, but I feel like there are some nice possibilities it can offer as a kind of sampler aswell.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re:

spacev2 wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 05:27
I understand that Resonic Pro is first and foremost a sample manager, but I feel like there are some nice possibilities it can offer as a kind of sampler aswell.
:thumbsup:
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

gsirvine
Starting to like this
Primary DAW: Fl studio

Does the current method use zero cross snapping? That could be a really nice option also. Zero fading gently is crazy smooth

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re:

gsirvine wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 18:09
Does the current method use zero cross snapping? That could be a really nice option also. Zero fading gently is crazy smooth
This is kinda related: https://resonic.at/faq#zoom