Is it possible to make a selection without enabling A/B repeat ?

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
spacev2
Starting to like this
First Name: Mark
Primary DAW: Steinberg Cubase
Resonic: Pro

Is it possible to make a selection without enabling A/B repeat ?

Hi,

I am wondering is it possible to make a selection without enabling the A/B repeat so that the playback only plays back once and then stops instead of continuously looping repeatedly ?

I can't figure it out and I can't find anything that explains in the documentation.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

So far it can't.

The label "A-B" in Resonic is kept for historic reasons (the Player only had AB repeat, kinda like a CD player), but it was repurposed into looping in/out points. A selection is always looping. If the track is playing it will immediately play the loop. If the track is stopped or paused, the selection can be made without playing the loop.

I do believe though that the direction the Pro is headed into really begs for a rework of this behavior. There would be several things that spring to mind that could be improved and made optional. I'll start going through the notes and revise them, and collect ideas. I guess a bunch of new options in the A-B menu would do for now instead of awkwardly popping in new buttons, seeing how very limited the transport bar real estate is.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

spacev2
Starting to like this
First Name: Mark
Primary DAW: Steinberg Cubase
Resonic: Pro

Excellent.

Yes something like a right click menu on the A/B button itself would be just fine.

For example:
(1) Enable A/B Repeat with selection.
(2) Disable A/B repeat with selection.

Another option could be to use the left click to toggle A/B Repeat enabled or disabled that is represented by the button being highlighted (green) or grey (disabled).

Keep up the good work.