Record from system audio

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Mixchief
Getting the hang of it
Artist Handle: Mixchief
Primary DAW: Ableton

Record from system audio

Hi, what I'd like to see, is the possibility to also record (in my case) audio from my RME HDSPe AIO, which I've set to loopback any audio running through my system on the SPDIF channel. If I could record that with Resonic for quick sample chopping and stuff, that would be great.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

I do think about this often, seeing how I'm running a similar setup, onboard via SPDIF optical (coax on an older machine) and into a HDSPe MFII :clapping:

There is no shortage of recording apps though, but a no-bells-and-whistles kind of way of recording stuff quickly would be nice. I have to admit though that this is not a priority, no matter how much I'd like it to be :|
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Mixchief
Getting the hang of it
Artist Handle: Mixchief
Primary DAW: Ableton

Hi, Tom. Great to hear that you're at least not all against the idea of a system record option! For me, that would consolidate my tools even more, but I fully understand if it ain't top priority. (Idea for implementation could probably be simply a right-click choice on the Record button.)

I hope you're doing Ok and all after the whole thunderstorm thing I read about. Will support your efforts and buy Resonic as soon as my funds allow for it ;)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re:

Mixchief wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 23:36
That would consolidate my tools even more, but I fully understand if it ain't top priority. (Idea for implementation could probably be simply a right-click choice on the Record button.)
Sounds good that way. Another possibility would be an input arm button next to the record button that lets you select the channels to record, possibly changing the record button's appearance.
In the background some sort of tying together of channels would be necessary though to be clear about what to record, say that'd be channel 9+10 on my card. Live recording inputs without updating the waveform is a bit obsolete these days, but would be much easier for a start I guess. I'd definitely have to give this more thought.
I hope you're doing Ok and all after the whole thunderstorm thing I read about. Will support your efforts and buy Resonic as soon as my funds allow for it ;)
Thank you! Also, for noticing :)

Still hurting to be honest, but getting back into it with the new setup and catching up on everything. It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes to restore a system with all of its little tweaks despite all of the backups in the world. The build system is functional however, so we can pick up properly.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.