Are Cues and Markers retained

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
DiBraccio
Starting to like this
First Name: Angelo

Are Cues and Markers retained

Is it possible to set markers and cues for multiple files in the file list and have those markers and cues be retained as you move from one audio file to another?

Thank You

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Hi there Angelo!

Cues/markers are currently not retained, but we have every intention to do that in future updates, and also offer options to embed the content in the file. Some background: https://resonic.at/faq#readonly

May I ask how and what you are using cues/markers for, and how you'd like to use them - ideally?
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

DiBraccio
Starting to like this

Thank You for the response

I would like to use cues and markers to enhance creative listening to help me unlock the potential of existing musical ideas. I would like to be able to divide several existing recording (any style) into sections and then play back those sections from several tracks in random order so I can hopefully hear new combinations of ideas to use as inspiration for my own creative ideas. Most musical composition, consciously or unconsciously, involves reusing and creating variations on existing musical ideas. Being able to cross reference many ideas from multiple tracks, quickly, might accelerate the creative process. Using this process with different tracks or with tracks with diverse styles might help me make new and exciting creative connections. It's might be a good way to brainstorm for melodies, parts etc

DiBraccio
Starting to like this

I can probably achieve the same effect by creating new clips from markers, which Resonic Pro can already do.