Metadata search

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
Dlefebvre
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Dany
Primary DAW: Adobe Audition

Metadata search

Hi, I know that metadata search is a requested feature and an official priority for version1. I read the other threads related to this issue, but I did not find exactly what I was looking for. I just want to be sure that what I need is eventually possible. I have not bought the pro version yet.

I have a big library of sound effects. The file names are not really useful (ex: HB-01_12.wav). The details and the descriptions of each sound effects are in the "comment" field of the Metadata. (ex: Huge explosion, distant). I may have another explosion in another folder (ex: filename is "MN-06_46.wav" and "comment" field is "Explosion, rumble, fire). For now, when I look for a sound effect, I have to search in a PDF file and locate the files I need. I would like to be able to do a search in the "comment" field. For instance search *explosion* and as result, find all the files the the word explosion in the comment field.

Is it something possible with the actual Pro version (v0.91)? Or is there a workaround to achieve this result with filters?

Thanks.

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Re: Metadata search

At the moment you'd have to use the filter feature to do this. That is, (recursively) scan the folder containing your samples and then configure the filter to search the comment field.