Bug: Output device detection

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
rushonerok
My fingers hurt
First Name: Rush

Bug: Output device detection

1st Bug:

If I am using my headphones and close the app, then reopen it, it will give me the error:

WASAPI output device could not be initialized. Check settings.

So I'll go to Preferences > Sound tab and my headphones are pre-selected in the dropdown list. I don't change anything but click the Close button, and that will get rid of the error and sound is working again. Usually it only happens in conjunction with either un-docking my laptop or between restarts. If I close & open the app without also doing one of those then it works fine.

2nd Bug:

When I am playing music through my headphones and pull the headphones out of the jack the app doesn't play anything, but it also doesn't give me any indication that there is a problem. I would expect to see an error message similar to the one above.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro with the anniversary update

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Bug: Output device detection

rushonerok wrote:If I am using my headphones and close the app, then reopen it, it will give me the error:
Resonic currently only follows the default device for DirectSound, not for WASAPI.
If you choose "DS - Default Device" it will stay on the current device. That might be ok for a workaround until this is implemented.
When I am playing music through my headphones and pull the headphones out of the jack the app doesn't play anything, but it also doesn't give me any indication that there is a problem. I would expect to see an error message similar to the one above.
This has been improved in 0.8.7:
"When using WASAPI as output device (recommended) and the active device is disconnected or disabled Resonic will first shut down playback and then the device itself, and finally show a warning." (https://resonic.at/whatsnew#0.8.7b)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.