Waveform Visualization Bug in 0.8.5

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
OMG1908
Getting the hang of it
First Name: Chris
Primary DAW: FL Studio

Waveform Visualization Bug in 0.8.5

Every flac file in this new version waveform visualization dont work at all. When i unistall and get 0.8.1 all good. Ive got some cds on flac with one file, and i cant see where is end of this song...Im using win 10 64 bit. Eveyrthing works fine but this thing stop workin with new version.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Waveform Visualization Bug in 0.8.5

Does it not show a waveform at all (if there is one a screenshot would help)? Does it play the files?The flac decoder was updated in this release, but our tests showed no problems with existing and high-resolution files.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

OMG1908
Getting the hang of it

Tom wrote:Does it not show a waveform at all (if there is one a screenshot would help)? Does it play the files?The flac decoder was updated in this release, but our tests showed no problems with existing and high-resolution files.
There is no problem to play the files but like i said in post above...no waveform (only in flac files), blank space in window, any other visualization works. Right now ive got 0.8.1 and its all good. I need this to know where is end and start of current song and i dont get this bug in earlier versions of this player, just report bug nothin more.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem with my own flac collection. It would help if you could upload/send me one of the affected files.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

OMG1908
Getting the hang of it

Version 085

Version 081

I think i just stands still to older version

PS Some flacs works fine but this is a single examples(CD with 15 tracks only one or two got waveform). Flacs with one file cds cues etc, waveform visualization dont work at all on this new version.I think its nonsense to send a single file to You because like i said on older version everything works fine...now i just uninstal new version only because NO WAVEFORM. All files sounds great but i dont see tracks.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Like I said, none of my flacs show this behavior, so a file would help.

Alternatively, could you try to copy over <installdir>\Resources\Plugins\bass_flac.dll from 0.8.1 to the same directory in 0.8.5 and see if that works?

OMG1908
Getting the hang of it

When i copy this file waveform shows up...but latency and buffer is really low. On 0.8.1 i can click on track and get 0 latency on 0.8.5 i must wait 1 sec to loop the start. Only this new version give me that kind of stuff.

I can send You a flacfile from my screens...just send me a mail adress on PM

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

We're suspecting a potential bug in the new bassflac (uses libFLAC 1.3.2) that occurs on certain systems that seems to break the waveform consistently.

Unpack the attached zip to your 0.8.5 install dir, overwriting existing files, which should correct the problem until we've found a solution. If in doubt we'll pack the old FLAC decoder with the next update.
Attachments
bass_flac-resonic-0.8.1.zip
(19.97 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

OMG1908
Getting the hang of it

I stayed on 0.8.1. When i changed bassflac...waveform shows but latency in files is somethin like 0,5 sec. BTW i check my first pc yesterday 0.8.5 and all works fine (windows 7 64) so maybe my laptop is broken , really dont know. Thanks for all answers.

OMG1908
Getting the hang of it

After update to newest version 0.8.6b all waveforms works great but when i listen whole album play stop after first track (something like "stop after current file" option)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Please switch to WASAPI as your output system: click the 'DS' button the bottom right corner, pick a WASAPI output device and it'll work as expected. We'll fix this DirectSound issue in the .7 update.