Welcome to the pre-release forum

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Welcome to the pre-release forum

Let's just get to the point this time, which is:
https://unsupported.resonic.at/

:)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Andreasvb

Re: Welcome to the pre-release forum

360 has identified that the downloaded file contains a Trojan virus, which may infiltrate your system and even steal your account passwords, photos or other private information.

Trojan file: resonic-0.7.5b_pre.zip
Risks: Trojan (HEUR/QVM39.1.0000.Malware.Gen)
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:
360 has identified that the downloaded file contains a Trojan virus, which may infiltrate your system and even steal your account passwords, photos or other private information.

Trojan file: resonic-0.7.5b_pre.zip
Risks: Trojan (HEUR/QVM39.1.0000.Malware.Gen)
Thanks for letting me know.

However, I'm so sick and tired of generic virus/trojan/malware bullshit being reported by third-rate AV scanner. Can't even stick an actual name to the result causing panic all over the place. These days digital terms like "heuristics" or "generic" mean as much as "She's a witch!" back in the middle ages.

Also, Andreas, it's probably time to replace 360 with something more useful. It's right up there with ClamAV, reporting "PUA.Win.Packer.PrivateExeProte-8", i.e. a packed protected exe, which it is, but also digitally signed and with a Taggant attached, which is fully disregarded. Generic much?

https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-GB/files ... gm8fwmmt5r
Attachments
snap160520035505.png
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

terranaut
My fingers are bleeding
First Name: terranaut

in todays alpha/pr, when deleting a file, the panels go blank, sometimes the waveform panel, sometimes the controls panel, sometimes the explorer lefthand panel, but one always goes blank when deleting a file (would like to see the next file chosen/highlighted when a file is deleted; for now when deleting a file theres no next file indicated as chosen even though it is)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

terranaut wrote:in todays alpha/pr, when deleting a file, the panels go blank, sometimes the waveform panel, sometimes the controls panel, sometimes the explorer lefthand panel, but one always goes blank when deleting a file (would like to see the next file chosen/highlighted when a file is deleted; for now when deleting a file theres no next file indicated as chosen even though it is)
Which version and OS are you talking about exactly? It's easiest to press CTRL-F1, "Copy version info", then paste it here.

Did you have slow startup issues as well, because that seems to be impacting overall performance and behavior pretty heavily recently: https://resonic.at/faq#slowstartup

terranaut
My fingers are bleeding

i have no startup issues, its under 2 seconds.

i still can't make the redraw issue happen in any other actions thus far, only when attempting to delete a file does it not refresh a random panel each time.

Resonic Player 0.7.6b, Build 1241 (May 23 2016),
Windows 7 Pro x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

terranaut wrote:i still can't make the redraw issue happen in any other actions thus far, only when attempting to delete a file does it not refresh a random panel each time.
We don't seem to be able to properly reproduce this issue on Windows 10/7 so far, but Martin's looking into the delete file functionality anyways.

terranaut
My fingers are bleeding

the redraw issue happens when DELETE is first chosen (whether rightclick or del key), not when its actually accomplished. if it matters, its with dual screens on a gtx980 with nvidias latest 368 drivers.
is there some way of turning off the alpha-blended window shadow in resonic? i have any aero and such turned off in win7 and resonic is the only one of my 200+ programs that is incorporating a windows shadow nonetheless, if i can disable that effect id rather not have maybe it plays a part of the issue somehow...
i posted a 1 minute clip of the issue on an unlisted youtube link here https://youtu.be/_bF6v5rSKs8

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

terranaut wrote:is there some way of turning off the alpha-blended window shadow in resonic?
Unfortunately no. The shadows weren't planned initially, but turned out to be the only way to have thin window borders while also retaining usable resizing functionality across all supported versions of Windows. It might be possible to make them near invisible, though...
i have any aero and such turned off in win7
Looks like the problem only occured with Aero turned off, will be fixed in the next update.