Meta Support for Portable Recorders [Help wanted]

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Meta Support for Portable Recorders [Help wanted]

You can help us improve meta support for portable recording devices / mobile recorders / field recorders in Resonic by sending us a couple of sample files. They do not need to be long recordings.

What springs to mind is Olympus, Sony, Edirol, Zoom, Yamaha, Sound Devices, Aaton (Cantar), Nagra, etc.

We need a couple of .wav files in various formats, maybe one .mp3 file. Put as much meta data in them as possible on your particular device. Important: If your device lets you set index markers / position markings while recording (there's usually a function/button for that on better devices) please make use of this feature.

These models are already fully supported:
Sony PCR-M10, Zoom H2, H2n, H4, H5, Tascam DR-100 MK1, Sound Devices 633.

If you own a recent Olympus device (LS-5, LS-10, etc.) please make a recording and make sure you set at least 5 index markers while recording.

Here's how to contact us: http://resonic.at/contact

If you have access to the Beta testing area you can also make use of FTP upload.

Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Wintermute
Pro User
First Name: Flo
Artist Handle: Wintermute
Primary DAW: Cubase, Live

Re: Meta Support for Portable Recorders [Help wanted]

I've uploaded random noise from a TASCAM DR-100 (mk1) with a few markers via FTP ;) .

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Thanks! Tascam markers are supported now
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

ExtremRaym
Beta Tester
Artist Handle: X-Raym
Primary DAW: Reaper

Hi Tom !

Question: is it possible to add BWF marker to an already existing file without recording ? (I guess yes but just to be sure)
Feature Idea: ability to add marker from Resonic Player :P
---

I don't know if you want it too, but here is wave with BFW exported from a REAPER project:
File
Project settings (tempo was 120)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

ExtremRaym wrote:Is it possible to add BWF marker to an already existing file without recording ? (I guess yes but just to be sure). Feature Idea: ability to add marker from Resonic Player :P
Sure it's possible. (The Reaper file contains standard labeled wave cues.)

The exact format for the new meta content introduced by Resonic is still being drafted out, but in the end simple markers can always be stored inside wav files (using the wav format's own messed up system) in a way other apps can read them.

However we're also thinking about an open meta spec that works in most file formats. Open in a way so that other users/developers can re-use the data without restriction. Proprietary formats make no sense these days, especially not for audio and video content. There's no need to hide data from users or make it hard to access, there's no need to be ridiculously secretive about basics.

ExtremRaym
Beta Tester
Artist Handle: X-Raym
Primary DAW: Reaper

Nice to hear !
However we're also thinking about an open meta spec that works in most file formats. Open in a way so that other users/developers can re-use the data without restriction. Proprietary formats make no sense these days, especially not for audio and video content. There's no need to hide data from users or make it hard to access, there's no need to be ridiculously secretive about basics.
You have all my support on this :)

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Tom wrote:However we're also thinking about an open meta spec that works in most file formats. Open in a way so that other users/developers can re-use the data without restriction. Proprietary formats make no sense these days, especially not for audio and video content. There's no need to hide data from users or make it hard to access, there's no need to be ridiculously secretive about basics.
In a perfectly normal, non-sexual way: I love you. :D
I don't suffer from insanity... I'm still insane though.