File List doesn't show all audio files in directory

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
big0mike
My fingers are bleeding
First Name: Michael
Resonic: Player

File List doesn't show all audio files in directory

I've been looking for an audio player with a waveform of the file and Resonic seems to be a fair option but when I select a directory in the Browser I only see a small portion of the audio files within that directory.

In the directory I'm looking at now there are 345 audio files, both MP4 and WAV and the File List shows me 26 seemingly random files. It is showing me all the variations for each particular file name but only 6 actual files.

Obviously, this makes the product useless.

There is no filtering applied and I found nothing in any of the menus that leads me to believe there is a switch I have enabled accidentally. Is it a limitation of the non-Pro version or simply still a work in progress?

Any thoughts on why as well as a solution?

jeenio
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Jorge
Artist Handle: jeenio
Primary DAW: Reaper
Resonic: Pro

Hi Mike,

PM me your full name and email address, I'll send you the latest Pro version to see if it still happens.

Cheers,
Jorge

big0mike
My fingers are bleeding

I've tried to PM you but it's just sitting in my outbox and won't send...

jeenio
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Just answered you :)

big0mike
My fingers are bleeding

I'm working from home today and did not have Resonic installed here so I checked that I had the most current installer and installed it, with the Pro license at hand ready to install.

Resonic works fine at home without the Pro license. Something must be screwy on my work machine but I don't know what it could be. All my "stock" media is in a Dropbox directory that I have synced on both my home and work machines.

Is there any type of config or log file I can send you to diagnose the issue?

Mike

jeenio
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Resonic "sees" all the supported audio files that Windows Explorer shows. I wonder if the files you have on that Dropbox directory are properly synced and/or have valid filenames. Other than that, I'm a bit in the dark with so little information.

Try maybe to copy a few files out of that Dropbox folder to another local folder and see if Resonic reads them.

There is a crash dump file on your AppData folder but this isn't a crash...

Let me know if there is any progress.

Cheers,
Jorge

big0mike
My fingers are bleeding

I wondered the same thing about the files actually being present vs simply "referenced" but the program would play a sound file that it wasn't showing.

I've got all those files backed up on a network share so I'll try that. If that doesn't work I'll copy them to my SSD.

Talk to you next week...

Mike