First Name: Bent
Artist Handle: Subsquare
Primary DAW: BitWig
Resonic: Pro

Wrong duration shown for MP3 files

Hi there, sorry to enter the forum with a support issue. :) I'm on Resonic Pro:
Resonic Pro 0.9.3b, Build 1807 (Mar 21 2019) ("It May Rain Or It May Shine"),
Windows 10 x64 (Build 18362)
(feels old, but I swear that's the latest version I get when I use "Check for updates..")

Anyway, the issue is that I'm getting two different duration readings for the same file. In the track counter, it's correct, but in the File List, it's wrong (too long). I get this for all the MP3 files in the track list, but attached is one example:
Attachments
resonic_duration_issue.jpg

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Hi there Bent, and no problem, that's what it's for :)

For performance reasons Resonic uses an engine split into player and metadata, they run in parallel, but one is more accurate, and they might report different durations, sometimes. Typically they are not that far off each other though, so I'd like to ask you to send me the file you're testing with so I can have a look.

Or hop on to our Discord (https://discord.liqube.com), which is kinda the HQ now, and talk to me directly.

That's the last official build as well, it was a rough time so all the progress was made privately. There are several Alpha builds of 0.9.4 available btw if you wish to try some. #resonic on our Discord
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

gloom303
My fingers hurt
First Name: Bent
Artist Handle: Subsquare
Primary DAW: BitWig
Resonic: Pro

Hey Tom, thanks for the feedback. Happy to send you the file in DM (it's my own music, currently unreleased, so... :) -- I'll jump on the Discord.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re:

gloom303 wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 21:52
Hey Tom, thanks for the feedback. Happy to send you the file in DM (it's my own music, currently unreleased, so... :) -- I'll jump on the Discord.
Nice to have you around there :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.