Resonic refuses to play upon startup even though the correct playback device is selected.

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
prodbyrelik
Yay, I posted something
First Name: David
Artist Handle: RELIK
Primary DAW: Ableton
Resonic: Pro

Resonic refuses to play upon startup even though the correct playback device is selected.

As stated in the title, every time i go to play back an audio file it shows up as "no track loaded" at first. I have to go into preferences, select the same exact output device that is selected and it'll work after that. Can this bug be fixed potentially?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Hey David. I'll need a little more information on this, this doesn't sound like anything that would be happening under any normal circumstances at all.

First off, what's the version/OS? Please press either CTRL+F1 and CTRL+V, or simply CTRL+ALT+F1 in later versions to copy version info to the clipboard and paste it here.

Which files are you trying to play?

What sound device are you trying to play through?

Are there any error messages being shown in the process (status bar, header, etc.)?

What exactly do you do to play an audio file? By default it should start playing (in any case!) with a single click (or double click when DCM mode active), or ENTER, and at the very least show an error message if something fails.

A short video usually helps understand better what we're up against here.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.