How to Get the Cursor to Behave as Shown in the GIF on the Website ?

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
spacev2
Starting to like this
First Name: Mark
Primary DAW: Steinberg Cubase
Resonic: Pro

How to Get the Cursor to Behave as Shown in the GIF on the Website ?

Hi,

On the website at https://resonic.at/pro#selections , under the heading "Selections, Loops, Cues, Rulers" show a gif with the cursor that is seemingly snapping to zero crossings or transients.
selections.gif
selections.gif (80.25 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
How do I get the cursor to behave like this ?

It would be nice to have a more fleshed out user manual in .pdf format sometime into the future.

Thanks

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

What you see there, the wispy vertical lines, is transient information loaded from files that contain it, which includes ReCycle files (.rex .rx2 .rcy), Apple Loops (.aif .aiff), and ACID Waves (.wav).

Note that Apple Loops need to be marked as such (e.g. in sample packs), just regular AIFF or WAV files don't normally contain transients. If they are present they are displayed and can be used for snapping.

Resonic currently does not generate transients on its own.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

spacev2
Starting to like this
First Name: Mark
Primary DAW: Steinberg Cubase
Resonic: Pro

Thanks for the information.

This is similar to how I envision the cursor behavior for "Snapping to Zero Crossings" as I have mentioned in the suggestions sub forum as a feature request, where the cursor will only be responsive on zero crossing points in the waveform and ignore anything that is not.

Cheers