Dam
Starting to like this
First Name: Damiano
Artist Handle: Delirium Tremens
Primary DAW: FL Studio

while waiting for Pro - A few bugs found on Resonic Player

Hi everyone :)

here are some things I've noticed while using Resonic Player:

1) Number of samples selected (bottom left corner details) changes once playback ends

Basically, when selecting multiple samples while one of them playing, once the playback reaches the end, the number of samples selected written on bottom left corner becomes 1 even if all samples are still selected in the File list.

2) "Confirm delete of a file" doesn't seem to work:

it always asks confirmation two times, one by Resonic, one by explorer.

3) Redundant click when closing folder not highlighted in the browser

Usually you need a single click to open/close folders in the browser, but if you want to close a folder which is not highlighted, you have to double click...Not sure if it is intended but makes me always click multiple times because it simply doesn't feel right.
I'd expect to close a folder with a single click, even if not selected, as it happens when trying to opening them.
Opening needs only one click, no matter if the folder is highlighted or not.

Hoping I didn't cluttered the forum with bugs already found, I thank you all for your hard work.

Regards,

Dam

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Re: while waiting for Pro - A few bugs found on Resonic Play

Thanks for the feedback. The first two issues will hopefully be resolved in the next update.

The behavior when clicking folders that are not focused is by design - you wouldn't be able to switch between folders without inadvertently expanding/collapsing them otherwise. If you want to collapse a folder in any case, click the little triangle left of its name.

Dam
Starting to like this

Thank you so much!

Btw I don't understand your last point:

"you wouldn't be able to switch between folders without inadvertently expanding/collapsing them otherwise"

But then what would be the purpose of switching between folders if not for the intention of expanding/collapsing them?

Why would I click on an unfocused (and expanded) folder if not to collapse it?

Maybe I didn't explained well. I was talking exclusively about expanded unfocused folders.

Why do I need to click two times to collapse them?

Since there is no multiple selection in the browser, what is the point of clicking just to highlight a folder?

Unfocused collapsed folders expand in one click, why not also unfocused expanded folders collapse in one click?

Hope I explained better now :) Thanks again for your consideration.

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Right, that behavior may seem a bit inconsistent, but actually works well in most cases.
Maybe we'll simply add an option for that.

Dam
Starting to like this

Thank you, that would be really nice to have.

Also because, sincerely, my brain cannot distinguish between folders that have to be clicked once or twice, even more difficult to click on a tiny arrow... Sorry :mrgreen: