Multiple Artist Names Not Showing (Metadata)

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
Braed
Likes it here
First Name: Brad
Primary DAW: FL Studio

Multiple Artist Names Not Showing (Metadata)

If a file has artist metadata with multiple artists separated by semi colon, for example "Artist1; Artist2; Artist3", only the first entry is displayed.

Visual example (both screenshots are of the same file):

In Windows:

In Resonic:

I haven't tested this with other metadata.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Multiple Artist Names Not Showing (Metadata)

While the Resonic meta core has full support for many kinds of multi-metadata (that is, more than one item of a type), and even splits up several one-line metas (like artist) that are not multi yet automatically into its parts based on various patterns, I can confirm that the Resonic UI currently only shows the first item (in this case, the first artist.)

This could be hacked in, but the reason why we haven't implemented this yet because we're reworking the internal metadata structures to not only use a database for caching but also to be much more light-weight, which is especially important for huge lists of files (tens or hundreds of thousands in a list.)

You can expect to see many improvements in the version 0.9.x stretch now!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Braed
Likes it here
First Name: Brad
Primary DAW: FL Studio

Re: Multiple Artist Names Not Showing (Metadata)

Tom wrote:While the Resonic meta core has full support for many kinds of multi-metadata (that is, more than one item of a type), and even splits up several one-line metas (like artist) that are not multi yet automatically into its parts based on various patterns, I can confirm that the Resonic UI currently only shows the first item (in this case, the first artist.)

This could be hacked in, but the reason why we haven't implemented this yet because we're reworking the internal metadata structures to not only use a database for caching but also to be much more light-weight, which is especially important for huge lists of files (tens or hundreds of thousands in a list.)

You can expect to see many improvements in the version 0.9.x stretch now!
Sounds good! Thanks for the explaination as to why this isn't implemented yet - I just wanted to make you aware of this if it were a bug.
Looking forward to updates :)