sharing options, and customizable looks

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
MaskedAngel94
I'll think of more soon

sharing options, and customizable looks

i thought of a couple ideas, first i thought it would be interesting if you made some sort of single file sharing network. you have a username and you have friends. if one of your friends has never heard a song you can send them the file via some sort of resonic network. it goes to your friend so they can hear the song. or in the case of the more professional mixers, they want to show their friend a new mix they just made, same thing, they can share the file to their friend's computer.

my second idea was to make some sort of customizable color scheme and layout. like being able to move the visualization to the bottom and have the play-list on the top. as an example. and then being able to customize the colors such as make the visualization background green if you wanted to...

i dont know how these suggestions will go over, i'm just thinking... (which of course is a dangerous thing)
Attachments
internet time.gif
internet time.gif (459.36 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
i was just thinking (that is very dangerous)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: sharing options, and customizable looks

MaskedAngel94 wrote:i thought of a couple ideas, first i thought it would be interesting if you made some sort of single file sharing network. you have a username and you have friends. if one of your friends has never heard a song you can send them the file via some sort of resonic network. it goes to your friend so they can hear the song. or in the case of the more professional mixers, they want to show their friend a new mix they just made, same thing, they can share the file to their friend's computer.
Believe it or not, this crossed my mind a couple of times :) It's crazy amount of work, though. I always liked the idea of being able to instantly exchange and play - for example - DAW bounces with others, especially when working on track collabs. Skype or other IMs kinda work, but they're just not optimized for that matter.
my second idea was to make some sort of customizable color scheme and layout. like being able to move the visualization to the bottom and have the play-list on the top. as an example. and then being able to customize the colors such as make the visualization background green if you wanted to...
I've been developing a color scheming system for quite a while already, but it's easier said than done because the standard Windows controls need to replaced one by one in order to be fully customizable. Speaking of themes, I have a dark theme in mind that's easier on the eyes when working at night.

A fully customizable layout I haven't planned at this point, yet, but an option to select from a couple of thought-through layouts will surely find its way into the application. There'll most likely be a independent option to move the wave to the bottom before any of the layout stuff gets done.
i'm just thinking... (which of course is a dangerous thing)
Dangerous, but always inspiring. So keep thinking and share your thoughts :)

No matter how crazy or crappy ideas might seem - the crazier, the better - they usually inspire and have the potential to get some serious brainstorming going...
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

MaskedAngel94
I'll think of more soon

Re: sharing options, and customizable looks

thanks. i'll definitely keep trying to think of things. i have crazy ideas sometimes... that rarely work but still
i was just thinking (that is very dangerous)