Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
ScottBrio
My fingers are bleeding
First Name: Scott
Artist Handle: Scott Brio
Primary DAW: Ableton Live
Resonic: Pro

Studio Monitor Wake Up

This might be fairly unique and random but... I'm using (and loving) Resonic Pro in my studio and my studio monitors have an auto-off timer. When they don't get any signal, they turn off on their own. Great feature right?

Except, the level that I use them at in my home studio is generally so low that they don't get enough signal from average music/content to stay on, and they turn off while I'm working. Annoying.

I created an hour long MP3 file of a super low oscillator tone at full volume that doesn't get replicated on the speakers but keeps them awake when I want them to be. It would be amazing to have a button with a timer or something built into Resonic Pro that does something similar. That way I wouldn't have to use Resonic to play the MP3 file and could play my files normally while using it.

I know it's a pretty niche request but I can't be the only one with this issue. I've got Focal monitors and I know they're pretty popular around the world.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

This is indeed pretty niche.

So you're basically blasting super low-frequency audio into your speakers to keep them awake. What's the auto shut-off delay, and aren't there any settings for the speakers? Are there any details on this in the manual? (which model?)

Would it be enough to play a short sound once in a while to keep them awake?
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

ScottBrio
My fingers are bleeding
First Name: Scott
Artist Handle: Scott Brio
Primary DAW: Ableton Live

Re: Studio Monitor Wake Up

Tom wrote:
July 2nd, 2024, 06:28
This is indeed pretty niche.

So you're basically blasting super low-frequency audio into your speakers to keep them awake. What's the auto shut-off delay, and aren't there any settings for the speakers? Are there any details on this in the manual? (which model?)

Would it be enough to play a short sound once in a while to keep them awake?
Yeah pretty much. I wouldn't say blasting low-frequency audio, but it's enough to keep them awake. The speakers don't seem to be able to reproduce it as they don't move and nothing is heard.

They're Focal Alpha Twins. I can turn the power-saving mode off but there's no adjustable threshold or timer limit. I want to say it's like 5 minutes or so?

I sort of got tired of it taking up my brain space and just decided to keep the power-save mode off. It's more work than it's worth, but thank you for entertaining the idea anyways.