Drag & Drop to DAW + others

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
lerian
My fingers are bleeding

Drag & Drop to DAW + others

Hello! First i want to congratulate you for the initiative. I work as an usability consultant, and although i use foobar as my primary music player, i use resonic for browsing samples, and sometimes listen to music. So, i have a few suggestions:

- Please enable drag&drop for sounds from resonic to the DAW (i use Reaper) or right-click > copy file path
- Multiple file lists (mouse middle click on the folder opens the folder in a new file list) - very useful for comparison.
- A file search (saved searches) would be nice

That's it for now, i wish you good luck and please include me in the beta testing pool. Thanks :)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Drag & Drop to DAW + others

Hey there and welcome! :mrgreen:
lerian wrote:Hello! First i want to congratulate you for the initiative.
Thanks!
I work as an usability consultant,
So then there were two :) Very good. I can't stress enough how important usability is, although often tricky when a project needs to be as universal as possible without sacrificing powerful features.
- Please enable drag&drop for sounds from resonic to the DAW (i use Reaper) or right-click > copy file path
Will do, for now see #2 @ http://resonic.at/img/alpha-main-annotated/en

Right-click copy path, as in the actual path string? Because the regular file copy was added a couple of releases ago.
- Multiple file lists (mouse middle click on the folder opens the folder in a new file list) - very useful for comparison.
Good suggestion, but this'll have to wait a little longer. There's a reason why playlists aren't supported yet, which is mostly the internal design and the complexity of the file list as it is right now.
- A file search (saved searches) would be nice
Definitely on my list!
That's it for now, i wish you good luck and please include me in the beta testing pool. Thanks :)
I've added you a few days ago, you can now enter the Beta forum. Hope to see you there soon!

Your suggestions are always welcome, none of them go unheard!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

MaestroMF
My fingers are bleeding

Hi ... i'm really excited about this product ... wish you much inspiration... !

... could it be possible in to drug and drop (to DAW,Video Editor soft) not a whole file but just a selection ... A/B for exemple ?

ps: many thx for the WaveMover too... very usefull !

Edit:...i saw your answer later in other topic... waiting for PRO ...
#... maybe placing some markers and regions in wav files ? )
#... jump to marker .shortkeys (from 1 to 9) ?.
#... option to set time (in sec) for quick jump (forward and backward)?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

MaestroMF wrote:Hi ... i'm really excited about this product ... wish you much inspiration... !
Thanks!
... could it be possible in to drug and drop (to DAW,Video Editor soft) not a whole file but just a selection ... A/B for exemple ?
Drug and drop sounds a bit like a technique a mobster would be practicing :lol:

But yes, this is planned to be a major feature of Resonic Pro, with mouse selections.
#... maybe placing some markers and regions in wav files ? )
Planned as well.
#... jump to marker .shortkeys (from 1 to 9) ?.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVdQxRvjc_I
http://resonic.at/labs
#... option to set time (in sec) for quick jump (forward and backward)?
Noted this for one of the next updates!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.