file list filter

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
chen
My fingers hurt
First Name: Zhe
Primary DAW: reaper
Resonic: Pro + Player

file list filter

In audio post-production work, I need to use a lot of audio materials, which involves a quick search of audio materials.
I hope the file list filter can search all local audio files on the computer instead of only filtering the selected folders.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

By design, the file list filter is just that: a filter. It filters what is currently in the file list, it does not search the system or database (which is not implemented yet) in any way.

If your file list contains a recursive (subfolders) scan, created via ALT-click, it will also filter those. While not a solution to find a file in a large set of files it is meant as a bridge until a database-supported search pops up. Part of the reason why it's taking so long is the focus on metadata. Most programs are very weak when it comes to metadata, and ironically they offer feature-rich searches. The question that remains is, what kind of data are you going to search when there is no data? Our approach is upside down, to the disappointment of some users, but most understand and it'll eventually pay off.

See also: https://resonic.at/faq#search
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

chen
My fingers hurt
First Name: Zhe
Primary DAW: reaper
Resonic: Pro + Player

hello
The "ALT-click" method is a bit slow when filtering, can it be optimized to instantly display the filtering results like "everything.exe"("Everything" is a file filtering software).
In addition, I previously applied for a trial of the Resonic Pro version via email, but did not receive a reply. May I apply again?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re:

chen wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 02:11
hello
The "ALT-click" method is a bit slow when filtering, can it be optimized to instantly display the filtering results like "everything.exe"("Everything" is a file filtering software).
In addition, I previously applied for a trial of the Resonic Pro version via email, but did not receive a reply. May I apply again?
Everything is an indexer and built in a different way. When you ALT-click Resonic scans the subfolder structure , it's not database-supported and not meant to be used like a database. These features might be added in the future.
See: https://resonic.at/faq#scan-subfolders
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.