Accessibility

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Timei
Yay, I posted something
First Name: Artem

Accessibility

Hello.
I am visually impaired.
Stumbled upon this player, downloaded the free version and loved it. But it is completely inaccessible to a screen reader like NVDA for example.
I communicate with many blind and visually impaired people, almost all use Pot Player or antediluvian Winamp. The main reason why they use them is because they are 100% accessible. That is, due to the lack of accessibility to us, people with vision problems, truly high-quality sound is not available.
I have a big request for you: make it available in Resonic, if possible, please. I will tell as many blind people as possible about the player if it becomes available. They will be happy, believe me :)
If it is not possible to make it accessible, then it may be possible to do it using the NVDA add-on. I'll give you a link to the documentation if needed.
Thanks and good luck in developing a great product)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

I've been in touch with a few blind users and they seem to have only few issues using Resonic using Windows' built-in screen reader, which mainly have to do with not being able to press certain buttons. For most, hotkeys do exist. So maybe some of your usability could already be improved using hotkeys? What's your main issues with it?

Cheers
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.