Sample Rate and Bit Depth at the "File List" columns

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Asimakis
I'll think of more soon

Sample Rate and Bit Depth at the "File List" columns

As a sound designer and music composer I was trying to find a fast way of seeing/organizing/tracking my samples in various folders. My main concern is that I need to be able of seeing at once details of the files and more importantly, the Bit Depth, Sample Rate and Channels (actually everything that is currently below the track name).
I’ve searching for a while now and I just came across RESONIC which in my opinion is fantastic for what I’m trying to do. It’s amazingly fast and it has a waveform preview.
Now if I was able to drag and drop files from within RESONIC to a DAW or to another folder… oh boy oh boy!!!

Anyways, I believe your first scope is to make a good “player” so most of what I’m suggesting isn’t that important for music playback, but I really think RESONIC can be a tool.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

Re: Sample Rate and Bit Depth at the "File List" columns

Hey there and welcome! First off, thanks for the praise, and nice to have you here! :)

I'm currently finishing up customizable columns which includes new columns for audio properties. This is quite a big feature which is coming up in Alpha 8xx, and pretty soon.
Preview: http://resonic.at/labs/22
Now if I was able to drag and drop files from within RESONIC to a DAW or to another folder… oh boy oh boy!!!
Have a look here: http://resonic.at/img/alpha-main-annotated/en - especially #2 :P

That's my temporary solution until I have full drag and drop support in. Also, especially as sound designer you'll be very happy with extended drag and drop and the other features in Resonic Pro :) So keep an eye out! Won't spoil too much right now.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Asimakis
I'll think of more soon

I'm already excited! When do you plan to release the Alpha 8xx?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

Asimakis wrote:I'm already excited! When do you plan to release the Alpha 8xx?
Most likely before the end of next week.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.