Feature requests for long audio and songs

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
gsirvine
Starting to like this
Primary DAW: Fl studio

Feature requests for long audio and songs

Feature suggestions that could be nice especially for long field recordings or songs that are not mastered.

--Play from middle of audio file - to get the jist of the song or audio file. I seem to always be clicking the middle of tracks to save time. If this could be automatic (when enabled) that would be awesome.

--Skip first silence - An option that finds when the audio starts from the playback starting position.

--Marker notes - A way to leave small notes or comments on markers. That data can possibly be stored in the metadata for that track. This would be great for spotting issues or cool sounds in long audio.

Forgive my ignorance if any of this already exists.

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Re: Feature requests for long audio and songs

gsirvine wrote:--Play from middle of audio file - to get the jist of the song or audio file. I seem to always be clicking the middle of tracks to save time. If this could be automatic (when enabled) that would be awesome.
The 'Keep playback position' feature might save you quite a few clicks there.

gsirvine
Starting to like this
Primary DAW: Fl studio

That works great thank you!

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

gsirvine wrote:--Skip first silence - An option that finds when the audio starts from the playback starting position.
We're already analyzing silence, but not making use of this information. The idea so far is to set an EOS (end of silence) marker, possibly jump to it automatically via option.
--Marker notes - A way to leave small notes or comments on markers. That data can possibly be stored in the metadata for that track. This would be great for spotting issues or cool sounds in long audio.
Yes! Definitely! I usually take notes on paper, and I'm sure many people do, when going through mixdowns for example. This is not viable for lots of audio files of course, and I would like to come up with a good solution.
Forgive my ignorance if any of this already exists.
All good, keep asking and suggesting things :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.