Keyboard Media Buttons

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Braed
Likes it here
First Name: Brad
Primary DAW: FL Studio

Keyboard Media Buttons

I own a Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard which uses the Corsiar Utility Engine software to manage macros and such.
There's a section for media players, since the keyboard has Stop, Play/Pause, Forward and Back buttons. These buttons work out of the box with other media players like WinAmp and Foobar, but not with Resonic. There's an option to add actions but i can't seem to get that to work.

I'm not sure if you'd need to contact Corsair or if this is something you would add into the program for Corsair's software to detect, but i'd love to see this feature. I spend a lot of time gaming, and having to ALT-TAB to change the track sucks seeing as i bought this keyboard with using the media keys in mind.

See screenshot: http://prntscr.com/cusnfd

Thanks again, Tom,

Brad.

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Re: Keyboard Media Buttons

Commands from media keys are only sent to the window that currently has the focus, i.e. Resonic won't receive them while you're using a different application.

Either set up global hotkeys in Resonic's preferences or add Resonic to the list of media players in the Corsair utility - presumably that'll forward the commands even if the Resonic windows isn't focused.

Braed
Likes it here

Martin wrote:Commands from media keys are only sent to the window that currently has the focus, i.e. Resonic won't receive them while you're using a different application.

Either set up global hotkeys in Resonic's preferences or add Resonic to the list of media players in the Corsair utility - presumably that'll forward the commands even if the Resonic windows isn't focused.
Oh my god, i completely forgot about the hotkeys, and i was able to set them there.

Thank you!!

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

:)

Also there was a bug where three media keys didn't work (not global hotkeys). Fixed in 0.8.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Braed
Likes it here

I noticed there's a "Play/pause" AND a "Pause/continue" hotkey. Is that for people that want separate keys for play and pause (not sure why you would need that), or is this a mistake?

Braed
Likes it here

Also, Tom, i'd love to see a toggle for the one-click UI. Sometimes i click the window since i'm not used to this feature and actually i'd prefer to double-click.. Any chance of this? Thanks! :D

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Braed wrote:I noticed there's a "Play/pause" AND a "Pause/continue" hotkey. Is that for people that want separate keys for play and pause (not sure why you would need that), or is this a mistake?
They really are "Play toggle" and "Pause toggle".

There's separate hotkeyable commands available for:
Play: always plays from beginning, never toggles play/pauses/unpauses
Play/pause: toggles play, or restarts
Pause: always pauses, never unpauses
Pause/continue: toggles pause (pause/unpause)

I'll rename these hotkeys in the next release to something that's more clear.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Braed wrote:Also, Tom, i'd love to see a toggle for the one-click UI. Sometimes i click the window since i'm not used to this feature and actually i'd prefer to double-click.. Any chance of this? Thanks! :D
Yeah, it's on the todo list. Actually, the 0.8.1 will have a prepare, but don't play feature. This'll be extended to double-click behavior as well.

Braed
Likes it here

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Thanks for clarifying the pause/play thing, it's just as i thought.
Look forward to double-click support!

Thanks for another great reply :)