Second Product Suggestion

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Moe
Yay, I posted something
First Name: Moe
Primary DAW: Live

Second Product Suggestion

Hello Resonic Team,

I hope you all are well. I recently purchased your product because of the many great features that I use in a daily basis. I believe you are doing the right thing as a new company trying to have a reputation in its well paid customers. I recently learned the simplicity of your product is number one feature I enjoyed the most which is really hard to achieve with complicated features you provide.

To keep the story short and save your time, I came today with a second product idea it can get you started on a different market.

The idea is basically a music library manager that run most Resonic features. The software should definitely have paid and free features as the same for Resonic. The free manager can target a new market, a regular user market who want to arrange their music library with the beautiful wave forms and many other Resonic features that are regular user friendly. The paid manager can be intended to your existing market like audio pros, and DJs that can simply use Resonic Pro as their favorite player and want to arrange their large libraries using the same pro features. My daily struggle as a DJ is my library. To me for example, listening to a list of songs with BPM sort and a waveform help me pick my songs that I want to mix together.

If you look at today's music manager competition with Resonic feature, you will hardly find any. You already have a platform that you worked hard on and it is superior to many other players, why wouldn't you expand on that!? This is why I think you should get started on a new project which will introduce you to a new market. I definitely can go on and on about the manager features but I will stop here and hear your thoughts.

Good luck,

Moe

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Second Product Suggestion

Moe wrote:I recently purchased your product because of the many great features that I use in a daily basis. I believe you are doing the right thing as a new company trying to have a reputation in its well paid customers. I recently learned the simplicity of your product is number one feature I enjoyed the most which is really hard to achieve with complicated features you provide.
Glad to hear that :)
The idea is basically a music library manager that run most Resonic features. The software should definitely have paid and free features as the same for Resonic. The free manager can target a new market, a regular user market who want to arrange their music library with the beautiful wave forms and many other Resonic features that are regular user friendly. The paid manager can be intended to your existing market like audio pros, and DJs that can simply use Resonic Pro as their favorite player and want to arrange their large libraries using the same pro features. My daily struggle as a DJ is my library. To me for example, listening to a list of songs with BPM sort and a waveform help me pick my songs that I want to mix together.
Let me explain a bit why it'll be two products only for the time being: Player, and Pro.

The idea behind Resonic Player is to have a pure and fast player with a reduced feature set, and reduced overhead, in order to make it extremely light-weight. We constantly have to make big decisions what to keep in the Player, what to put into the Pro version: features that would make a product heavier than it needs to be. The Player is aimed towards users who only want to play music and audition sound files. It will be topped up with basic music library and tagging features, which are heavily expanded upon in Resonic Pro.

While Resonic Player was originally not intended as an incentive for the Pro version, the Pro version is actually based on the Player foundation, so you could see it as a free demonstration of its stability and speed.

Resonic Pro adds, in addition to an extended music library, a sample library with management, search, and creative features for audio professionals. Not talking about the little productivity features. That's the plan so far, and also the promised road map.

I'd really like to hear more of your suggestions from a DJ point of view, as we're looking into that aspect as well, even though it seems futile to try to replace industry standards like rekordbox as they are heavily tied to the actual devices. I know loads of DJs, but each of them has a slightly different workflow, which I am always interested in.
If you're up for a chat add me on Skype (liqube).

Cheers, Tom
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.