"Play Bookmarks" Shuffle Mode

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
JamesEW
Beta Tester

"Play Bookmarks" Shuffle Mode

Hi,

I have been a way from this forum for a while but still using Resonic Player daily and have been lucky to have a little peek of Pro which is excellent (Thank you for that). The dark theme is very stylish and easy on the eyes. Lots of nice features.

I'm still really hoping for an elegant method to add specific folders and play their contents randomly (shuffle), without having to add each folder recursively on start up every time.

I had thought whether root music folders could be added to bookmarks, with the ability to untick any sub folder (for exclusion) using a tree structure. Then a simple "Play Bookmarks" button in the UI would play everything you have added, respecting the playback mode of sequential or random playback.

The huge advantage here is we could boot up Resonic and within a single click, have our music on shuffle, while excluding certain folders. I'm really really hoping for this one feature, so I do not need to use other audio players for this function.

I know you have mentioned about playlists before, but I don't see why both couldn't coincide with each other.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: "Play Bookmarks" Shuffle Mode

JamesEW wrote:Hi,

I have been a way from this forum for a while but still using Resonic Player daily and have been lucky to have a little peek of Pro which is excellent (Thank you for that). The dark theme is very stylish and easy on the eyes. Lots of nice features.

I'm still really hoping for an elegant method to add specific folders and play their contents randomly (shuffle), without having to add each folder recursively on start up every time.

I had thought whether root music folders could be added to bookmarks, with the ability to untick any sub folder (for exclusion) using a tree structure. Then a simple "Play Bookmarks" button in the UI would play everything you have added, respecting the playback mode of sequential or random playback.

The huge advantage here is we could boot up Resonic and within a single click, have our music on shuffle, while excluding certain folders. I'm really really hoping for this one feature, so I do not need to use other audio players for this function.

I know you have mentioned about playlists before, but I don't see why both couldn't coincide with each other.
There'll be "playlists" with recursion support, which can be extended via drag & drop. This might be what you're looking for. I'll be giving this more thought.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

JamesEW
Beta Tester

Re: "Play Bookmarks" Shuffle Mode

Tom wrote:
JamesEW wrote:Hi,

There'll be "playlists" with recursion support, which can be extended via drag & drop. This might be what you're looking for. I'll be giving this more thought.
Sounds cool. Any estimated timeframe when this feature might surface?