jpg display

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Blackout
Beta Tester

jpg display

hi, any chance that Resonic can check to see if there is a jpg in the folder in question along with the mp3s and display the jpg somewhere in its GUI (ie the album cover)?

Kind Regards,
Blackout

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: jpg display

To be honest we haven't revisited the cover feature yet as there are still more pressing issues we need to take care of. There's a screenshot in the Labs about potential cover placement (below browser).

But yes, this feature is planned!

Resonic Pro is coming within the next couple of weeks!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Blackout
Beta Tester

hi Tom! good news about the release date...I couldn't find the screenshot in the Labs...and all the screenshot posts more than 12 months old have broken links/no screenshot...which post were you referring to? any chance of a link?

Best Regards,
Blackout

wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

Tom wrote:But yes, this feature is planned!
Great !
Tom wrote:Resonic Pro is coming within the next couple of weeks!
Even greater !

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blackout wrote:I couldn't find the screenshot in the Labs...and all the screenshot posts more than 12 months old have broken links/no screenshot
Oh right, something on the website changed and I didn't update all of the posts yet.
...which post were you referring to? any chance of a link?
See http://www.resonic.at/labs - April 6, 2015
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

Blackout
Beta Tester

ahh i see now. good spot makes sense, i wander how you will handle it? i guess you know, how youre gonna do it, just questions in my head are ....if the tree list takes up the whole left side, if the picture will resize for every folder to take up any spare space, or if it will be assigned the space there below as an option and its resizable but will be the same size and just take up some space of the folder list, thereby making the folder space shorter?

apologies if i am rambling. just asking questions as to how you are planning/thinking of doing it, not really making any suggestions or recommendations.

Best Regards,
Blackout

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blackout wrote:ahh i see now. good spot makes sense, i wander how you will handle it? i guess you know, how youre gonna do it, just questions in my head are ....if the tree list takes up the whole left side, if the picture will resize for every folder to take up any spare space, or if it will be assigned the space there below as an option and its resizable but will be the same size and just take up some space of the folder list, thereby making the folder space shorter?
I guess we'll have to play around with the options more.

Right now it's taking up the lower portion of the folder list, which indeed reduced space. Other options include placing it next to the waveform, which I'd like to avoid.

Open to suggestions and ideas, as always.

Blackout
Beta Tester

hi Tom I think your idea is fine, just as long as it doesn't keep resizing by itself, and as long as its manually resizable so the user can decide how much of the folder list they lose. And of course it should be an option to remove the little jpg area altogether if wanted.

Then you've got to think about what you do if theres 2 or 3 jpgs in the folder..(cover, back, inside booklet etc). which jpg you choose to display?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blackout wrote:hi Tom I think your idea is fine, just as long as it doesn't keep resizing by itself, and as long as its manually resizable so the user can decide how much of the folder list they lose. And of course it should be an option to remove the little jpg area altogether if wanted.
There'd be a switch for that.
Then you've got to think about what you do if theres 2 or 3 jpgs in the folder..(cover, back, inside booklet etc). which jpg you choose to display?
Coming up with good cover finding logic is fun when there is a million cases of how people don't place/name their cover files correctly ;)

Blackout
Beta Tester

Tom wrote: Coming up with good cover finding logic is fun when there is a million cases of how people don't place/name their cover files correctly ;)
heres an idea, just put 4 or 5 little buttons down the side of the picture, and they can be for up to 5 jpgs in the folder (or sub folders). usually theres less then 5 pics, its normally 1 - 3. And just ignore whatever the names are. so you can toggle thru the first 5 pics in the folder, then after that youre on your own.

maybe just save in the resonic database (where it saves the graphic wav info) which jpg has been selected for that folder , for the future?

the algorithm to make sure its the same size window (regardless of the jpg size or resolution) is an important one that might take some work.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blackout wrote:
Tom wrote: Coming up with good cover finding logic is fun when there is a million cases of how people don't place/name their cover files correctly ;)
heres an idea, just put 4 or 5 little buttons down the side of the picture, and they can be for up to 5 jpgs in the folder (or sub folders). usually theres less then 5 pics, its normally 1 - 3. And just ignore whatever the names are. so you can toggle thru the first 5 pics in the folder, then after that youre on your own.

maybe just save in the resonic database (where it saves the graphic wav info) which jpg has been selected for that folder , for the future?

the algorithm to make sure its the same size window (regardless of the jpg size or resolution) is an important one that might take some work.
I'll think about that... I'd prefer a basic algorithm at first though.

Blackout
Beta Tester

this would be a neat "pro" feature to list on the tin at the end of the day ;)

Blackout
Beta Tester

hi Tom..."Resonic Pro is coming in the next couple of weeks!!"

that was back on Oct....hows that coming along my friend? im excited...

Cheers :)
Blackout

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blackout wrote:hi Tom..."Resonic Pro is coming in the next couple of weeks!!"

that was back on Oct....hows that coming along my friend? im excited...

Cheers :)
Blackout
Hit me up on Skype, find me by Liqube.