Add more filesupport

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
RoastJob
Getting the hang of it
First Name: RoastJob
Primary DAW: Renoise

Add more filesupport

Hi there :-)

I own a lot sample cd's. and I mean a lot. Some of them are in the "Akai" or "Emu" format

It would be totaly awesome if I could browse these cd's with resonic too..

The only software that I know that is capable of doing this is cdxtract. but that sofware is very slow and the interface is just really ugly :-P

http://www.cdxtract.com/home.php

Hope you're willing to give it a look..

best regards.

Nurz

Ahem...

I agree, more formats would be great. Does Resonic accept third party plugins for that matter? Or maybe (a long shot, and I don't know if it's possible, but here goes) consider to support Foobar components natively?

About DSD files, it was really nice to find out Resonic can play normal DFF, though it won't allow compressed DST ones, neither SACD ISO images. Any plans to support these, too?

Anyway, you're doing some great work here.

Cheers.

vascomusic
Yay, I posted something
First Name: Miguel
Primary DAW: Studio One, Cubase

Re: Add more filesupport

+1

It would be really nice to browse SF2 Soundfont files and Akai samples.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

RoastJob wrote: I own a lot sample cd's. and I mean a lot. Some of them are in the "Akai" or "Emu" format
It would be totaly awesome if I could browse these cd's with resonic too..

The only software that I know that is capable of doing this is cdxtract. but that sofware is very slow and the interface is just really ugly :-P
Having been a CDXtract user myself for many years I think these sample CDs - and I still own a good hundred of them - deserve a dedicated application like CDXtract. While it's certainly not perfect it takes a lot, a LOT of effort to read all these CDs properly, believe me, they are a real mess. So props to the guy who wrote it in the first place. Are they still being produced? I wrote S1000 CD extraction code a long time ago that was working quite nicely, but that doesn't include S3000 CDs, and adapting it for Resonic would take a lot of work.

I think the focus of Resonic (Pro) should be large standard sample file based media collections which are common these days while AKAI and EMU CDs are in their own niche, which honestly is a bit dated these days.

It would be awesome, I agree, but frankly I don't think this is going to happen, even if it's just for the sake of progressing with the core application.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re: Ahem...

Nurz wrote:I agree, more formats would be great. Does Resonic accept third party plugins for that matter?
Not yet, but plans exist to offer a SDK for plugins sooner or later.
Or maybe (a long shot, and I don't know if it's possible, but here goes) consider to support Foobar components natively?
Very unlikely, while it's theoretically possible.
About DSD files, it was really nice to find out Resonic can play normal DFF, though it won't allow compressed DST ones, neither SACD ISO images. Any plans to support these, too?
Currently not, no. All the focus shifts to the core application now, to get the usability right, the basic features in (playlists, database, etc.)
Anyway, you're doing some great work here.
Thank you! :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

vascomusic wrote:It would be really nice to browse SF2 Soundfont files and Akai samples.
True, but I'm trying to stay away from niche features and concentrate on the essentials.

How many people would actually want to browse SF2 files, and what for? If they need the sounds in there for actual productions they can easily be extracted. If they need to be edited excellent solutions exist, like Polyphone.

SF2 files are supported in combination with MIDI playback, i.e. custom ones can be used.

It'd be nice to have a way of quickly opening up external tools from Resonic though....

bytechop
Getting the hang of it
Primary DAW: Ableton Live, Reaper, Renoise

Any chance to export audio loop files for using in Kontakt? Normal WAV files are not recognized as loopable, with ACID or Appleloops it works fine. So im sure it's just a special file header tag or so. I'm searching for a easy tool to create such files.

cheers

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

I'll look into this. Might take a bit, but quite possible to adjust the output to work in K.

bytechop
Getting the hang of it
Primary DAW: Ableton Live, Reaper, Renoise

It would be really cool.