Artist Handle: X-Raym
Primary DAW: Reaper

TagLib

Hi !

I was wondering...
... Have you heard of TagLib ?

TagLib

What do you think of that ?
It could be a way to write metadatas through resonic :)

Cheers !

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: TagLib

ExtremRaym wrote:Have you heard of TagLib ? What do you think of that ?
It could be a way to write metadatas through resonic :)
Actually, if you go to 'About' and 'Full credits' you'll see it mentioned.

For certain things like ID3v2 and MP4 tag access (which are the most messy) TagLib works pretty well and - depending on what you're trying to accomplish - can be pretty fast too, although it takes a bit of getting used to. We're using the low-level functions to get to all the content. For many other file formats it does a basic job, but is way too inaccurate and incomplete for what we have in mind.

Starting with Resonic Beta there's something called the the Resonic Meta Core. It is essentially a large project on its own and reads a ton of meta content from several file formats. For some file formats TagLib assists with access to the content, but it's not the center piece.

Regarding tag writing we'll likely extend the Meta Core with write support. TagLib would of course come in again and assist in writing to formats it handles well.

There are a bunch of file formats we decided to fully handle on our own, which includes all RIFF/IFF based formats (wav, aiff, avi, etc.).

Hope this provides some insight :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

ExtremRaym
Beta Tester

It does. :)

I know you have great plans for metadatas :P

(I was thinking about taglib because I just managed to make scripts to display and write taglib metadatas for REAPER ! Get/set functions were provided in the API recently and I decided to digg the subject :P If you are curious Scripts: TagLib (various))

Thanks for your answer !

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

ExtremRaym wrote:I was thinking about taglib because I just managed to make scripts to display and write taglib metadatas for REAPER ! Get/set functions were provided in the API recently and I decided to digg the subject :P If you are curious
Didn't even know this was possible :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

ExtremRaym
Beta Tester

Well... It wasn't really possible until few hours haha :D Tools were here (in SWS Extensions for REAPER, which adds a lot of API functions) but nobody built something with it. At least not publicly. ^^