Resonic Visualisation - Vinyl (Pro Version)

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Blackout
Beta Tester

Resonic Visualisation - Vinyl (Pro Version)

hi, ive been playing so much vinyl lately, and its making such a resurgence, I had an idea that I hope you do not mind I put forward as a suggestion to you?

a visualization mode that looks like vinyl that I can use the pointer to skip through, like I would be skipping a stylus? here is a mockup of how it could look:
Vinyl Resonic.jpg

so the amount of "visual tracks" that are on the record (on the screen) should automatically adjust based on how many tracks that Resonic sees in the current playlist. would make a nice change to the "one track visualization" to the visualization being for multiple tracks as well.

maybe for the Pro version? would be way cool...

Cheers!
Blackout

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Re: Resonic Visualisation - Vinyl (Pro Version)

That would only realistically work if there were less than 20 files in the folder, but otherwise does sound kinda cool.
I don't suffer from insanity... I'm still insane though.

Blackout
Beta Tester

True BTG. most of my Album folders only have 12-14 tracks. its more for playing albums like you would vinyl. If all your tracks were in one giant folder you would indeed have a problem...

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

While this is is a beautifully creative idea there would indeed be a problem with too many tracks.

What's coming to the Pro though is a way to see all tracks/files in the playlist at a glance and navigate them quickly, regardless of the playlist size, via a new visualization that's currently just a draft in my sketch book.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Sounds interesting... You're making me want the pro version more and more.

Blackout
Beta Tester

hi Tom...thanks for taking the time to listen to the suggestion.

re: too many tracks, you could always go even more Vinyl authentic, and do a "Side A/Side B" button and split the tracks in the folder in half hehe

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Blackout wrote:re: too many tracks, you could always go even more Vinyl authentic, and do a "Side A/Side B" button and split the tracks in the folder in half hehe
15 tracks each side... Could even set the visualization to only be usable on folders/playlists that have 30 or less tracks. (of course that would probly slow down the player significantly)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Blackout wrote:hi Tom...thanks for taking the time to listen to the suggestion.
Always.

As I said, I do really like the idea, but...

I really have to stress that development-wise we seriously needs to concentrate on the Pro version or the whole project might just come to a halt sooner as expected.
After all it has to be financed somehow, and the point of no return was already hit two months ago.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.