Volume past 100% feature request & more

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Blackout
Beta Tester

Volume past 100% feature request & more

hi, I would like to see the volume go past 100%...ie to 120% or so. because some files are quiet, and will not distort at even 120%.

I cite VLC Media player as a perfect example of how to implement this.... take a look at the volume slider on the right in the VLC player, you can go past 100% for quiet audio, which effectively brings up the volume for quiet files to around the right comparative level...

also as Resonic can remember the position of the player pointer for files, so you jump between the files and the pointer changes, it would be great if Resonic could have a feature where (when turned on) the volume is also remembered as well? so that comparison between files would be even more effective...?

hope you consider these

Cheers!
Blackout

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Volume past 100% feature request & more

These two features should be possible to implement, sooner of later.

I do plan to add a gain feature, but since it directly affects sound I'll have to think a bit more about how the GUI side of it.

The per-file features can be done too, e.g. position for audio books or mixes. A level setting would need to be highly visible though, possibly colored, and I guess I'd make that a Pro feature.

(moved to suggestions)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.