Checkbox/context menu to list content of subfolders

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
elektroinside
Beta Tester
First Name: Peter
Primary DAW: Adobe Audition

Checkbox/context menu to list content of subfolders

Hi,

I know this has been discussed, i just wanted to give a feedback on this. A feature, an easily accessible checkbox to enable reading/listing the contents of subfolders would be very welcome here as well.

Ideas on how to implement this so that speed won't be that affected:
1. By limiting the depth of subfolders, like not reading more then a user defined levels of subfolders and the option to always start resonic with the option disabled.
2. Another idea (and possibly the best) would be to enable subfolder listings only on some user defined folders from the context menu (right click on the folder, quickly enable subfolder listing for it). This has some potential issues, like disabling the option from a lower level subfolder etc, but i think this is doable.

A little more elaborated why this is useful (for us):
We have organized audio samples of different kind in folders and subfolders, music on genres and sub-genres, samples from different sources, etc. We often have to preview samples from a bigger 'library', and clicking on many subfolders is often very time consuming.

Thank you.
Peter Erdos
Change is inevitable; progress is optional.

elektroinside
Beta Tester

Re: Checkbox/context menu to list content of subfolders

A quick alternative to this would be to multi-select folders and list the content of the selected folders.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

A large part of the current rework is the new playlist system. It has been designed with support for multi-folder lists in mind. This is also what's being worked on right now, to be more specific, recursive folder scanning.

I'll take your suggestions into account!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

elektroinside
Beta Tester

Great, thank you!