Dont Restart Playback For Already Selected File

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
vectorwarrior
Pro User
First Name: Rob

Dont Restart Playback For Already Selected File

I'll often use Resonic to scour through a folder of assets, when i find the asset i want to use for something, I'll drag the file into whatever program I'm using. If you reselect an already selected file, Resonic will restart playback... regardless of whether the track is playing back or not. This is pretty annoying as at this point you're trying to DO something with the file, not cause playback.

My suggestion would be to either not allow restarting playback when selecting an already selected file.... or if that's a problem for some use cases, do not restart playback when holding/dragging a file out of Resonics list. If someone's dragging a file they are committing to doing something with the file.

Just a thought!

Andreasvb

Re: Dont Restart Playback For Already Selected File

It has been requested. :)
http://forums.resonic.at/viewtopic.php?p=44#p44 [ forums.resonic.at • View topic - Praise, and some feature suggestions ]
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Like last time, I agree. This can be annoying, depending on the way you're working (see my other reply).
vectorwarrior wrote:My suggestion would be to either not allow restarting playback when selecting an already selected file.... or if that's a problem for some use cases, do not restart playback when holding/dragging a file out of Resonics list. If someone's dragging a file they are committing to doing something with the file.
Thing is, the file must have been dragged a little bit for the drag mode to kick in. But at that point the click (down) has already happened.

I'm afraid this will have to become an option, which is easy to implement though.

You can expect it in Beta 1, or 2. The time between these two releases won't be long though. In general Beta updates will be smaller and more frequent.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

MaxLapierre
Beta Tester

My suggestion : just make the drag & drop holding the right click.
www.MaxLapierre.com

vectorwarrior
Pro User
First Name: Rob

Actually, that would be a decent solution.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

I'd rather go with one of the shift keys, and optionally reverse that behavior via options.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.