Improvement suggestion

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

Improvement suggestion

Hi
I guess it's silent coding time, as everything is oh so quiet lately ;)
(Sorry for the crap title, but i didn't find a relevant thread title)

One little thing that bothers me, is that when deleting a sample, once it's done, instead of staying at the "previous/current" position in the list, it jumps back to the top of the list.
It can be very annoying as you can get lost very easily, and it breaks the workflow (you have to scrol back, find the sample you were previewing before deleting another one, etc).

Thank you for taking it into consideration (even if it isn't the #1 FR/improvement suggestion of course ;)

Oh, and by the way, please allow custom shortcuts (i tend to prefer a simple [del] for deleting a sample, than a combo of 2 keys) :)

JamesEW
Beta Tester

Re: Improvement suggestion

I second this suggestion.

I have noticed this behaviour and it does make managing sample library / project file / deletion tasks more difficult as you have to scroll back down after a file is deleted and find where you were, which in a folder with hundreds of files, can be long.

IMO I would consider this quite a fundamental feature for what Resonic has been set out to do

Good luck with the coding. Hope all is going well.

Looking forward to testing the new Beta soon.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

I completely overlooked this post (moved it to the suggestions forum).

I agree, this is a swear-a-lot priority issue reported by several people, which should be fixed in the first Beta. The Beta is due soon, at least I'm doing the best I can.

About the combos... true. Also, it's CTRL-DEL because DEL is reserved for a new delete feature (can be toggled). I shouldn't reserve stuff for future use that far in advance any more though. So that'll be fixed in the Beta too.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

RoastJob
Getting the hang of it
First Name: RoastJob
Primary DAW: Renoise

wshaper wrote: please allow custom shortcuts (i tend to prefer a simple [del] for deleting a sample, than a combo of 2 keys) :)
This! would make this software even more awesome.
My compliments to this software by the way Tom. was looking for a thing like this for years.

How do I become a beta-tester? :-)

Andreasvb

RoastJob wrote:How do I become a beta-tester? :-)
Tom might've seen this post, but if not:
Post here: http://forums.resonic.at/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76 [ forums.resonic.at • View topic - Beta testers, apply ]
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

StevieBoy
Supporter

Tom wrote:I completely overlooked this post (moved it to the suggestions forum).

I agree, this is a swear-a-lot priority issue reported by several people, which should be fixed in the first Beta. The Beta is due soon, at least I'm doing the best I can.

I will give you money now if I could get this working

I've just wasted over an hour looking for something as brilliant as this for dealing with samples as this annoyed the bejasus out of me

I need something to keep place in a list & kinda like now! ha

Hello by the way

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

StevieBoy wrote:I will give you money now if I could get this working
I've just wasted over an hour looking for something as brilliant as this for dealing with samples as this annoyed the bejasus out of me. I need something to keep place in a list & kinda like now! ha
Hello by the way
Hello ;)

We've worked around this in the upcoming Beta 1, i.e. version 0.6b, by keeping the position and disabling the deleted file. This will eventually be improved further in Beta 2 with full folder monitoring.

Yay now, this is good news!

Besides, CTRL-DEL will be DEL again. And regarding file management, there's a lot planned.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

StevieBoy
Supporter

Tom wrote:
StevieBoy wrote:I will give you money now if I could get this working
I've just wasted over an hour looking for something as brilliant as this for dealing with samples as this annoyed the bejasus out of me. I need something to keep place in a list & kinda like now! ha
Hello by the way
Hello ;)

We've worked around this in the upcoming Beta 1, i.e. version 0.6b, by keeping the position and disabling the deleted file. This will eventually be improved further in Beta 2 with full folder monitoring.

Yay now, this is good news!

Besides, CTRL-DEL will be DEL again. And regarding file management, there's a lot planned.
Wicked, thanks for the reply

hah I just shot across an email in case you didn't see this, ignore ignore ignore.

Man, think what you have done here is so good, real slick, works a charm, didn't want to waste any more time looking at alternatives, it's almost perfect.

when do you think you will be getting something public out?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

StevieBoy wrote:Wicked, thanks for the reply.
Any time.
hah I just shot across an email in case you didn't see this, ignore ignore ignore.
Too late ;)
man, think what you have done here is so good, real slick, works a charm, didn't want to waste any more time looking at alternatives. when do you think you will be getting something public out?
Glad you're liking it! The Beta work does improve on it a tiny little bit though.

The Beta should have been out two months ago, so I won't say "next week", although the plan is to get it out within the next two weeks to be honest. It's been too long and there's only so much one can do.

It's the hardest push so far, this whole last year working on it, and it should go swimmingly from then on, with updates and such. We'll release Beta 1, then continue with smaller more constant releases. Also, Resonic Pro is about to start a little after.

wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

Tom wrote: Besides, CTRL-DEL will be DEL again. And regarding file management, there's a lot planned.
Great !
Thank you, looking forward to this :)

StevieBoy
Supporter

Yeah, that's fair, these things all to often can be rushed, I'm grown up enough to understand that

I'm def using this though, & keeping an eye out - even if atm I'm working around it by randomly deleting bits & cussing the screen, I probably shouldn't have had so many samples in the first place :lol: it's def not as many as some peoples I've seen but trying to whittle down 3000 (good quality) kickdrums into a folder of say 50 or so is a chore without a program like this anyway, I've not found one like it until today.

found some others that were a bit janky/clicky/rubbish but I'll pass on that - good work here Tom

I'll keep an eye out
Last edited by StevieBoy on March 11th, 2015, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

StevieBoy
Supporter

wshaper wrote:
Tom wrote: Besides, CTRL-DEL will be DEL again. And regarding file management, there's a lot planned.
Great !
for now I've been using an http://www.autohotkey.com/ script

Delete::^Delete
return

So it makes the delete key work as ctrl+del

Although I just forgot to turn it off and every time I pressed del writing a post it kept deleting whole words lol

edit: I could get around that by making it only work on the window focus of resonic but I couldn't be bothered, quick+dirty but worked

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

StevieBoy wrote:
wshaper wrote:
Great !
for now I've been using an http://www.autohotkey.com/ script
So it makes the delete key work as ctrl+del
Although I just forgot to turn it off and every time I pressed del writing a post it kept deleting whole words lol
Check your mail.
Coding to some fine UK garage now...

StevieBoy
Supporter

Nice, love a bit of garage, just replying ;)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

StevieBoy wrote:Nice, love a bit of garage, just replying ;)
House this

StevieBoy
Supporter

Tom wrote:
StevieBoy wrote:Nice, love a bit of garage, just replying ;)
House this
hahah, just a few of the house/garage records I own out of many spanning genres & styles. :D