Seemless playback of previous/next tracks from a DJ mix

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
JamesEW
Beta Tester

Seemless playback of previous/next tracks from a DJ mix

Hi,

I'm wondering if its possible to have perfect seemless playback when playing tracks from a DJ mixed album in sequential order?

I've ripped a mixed CD to WAV files and have noticed when a track ends and the next begins (mixed), there is a small pop like there is a gap. I don't think the ripped tracks have any gap at the end or begining (I thought this is only with mp3?)

Apologies if this is already implemented and my tracks are ripped incorrectly - although I don't think they are.

JamesEW
Beta Tester

Re: Seemless playback of previous/next tracks from a DJ mix

I should have tested this before posting but I can verify my tracks are ripped correctly as Windows Media Player allows smooth transitioning from previous to next track.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Seemless playback of previous/next tracks from a DJ mix

JamesEW wrote:I've ripped a mixed CD to WAV files and have noticed when a track ends and the next begins (mixed), there is a small pop like there is a gap. I don't think the ripped tracks have any gap at the end or begining (I thought this is only with mp3?)
This is correct, Resonic currently does not support gapless playback. This has one major reason: Resonic is built for performance and responsiveness, but gapless playback involves buffering.

Seeing that this is one rather large feature to develop it's currently on medium priority, but planned. This feature will probably come into existence at the same time as new audio output methods, like WASAPI, are implemented.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.