Thank you and a couple of points

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Sicknero
Getting the hang of it

Thank you and a couple of points

Hi Tom, first I wanted to say many thanks for this excellent software. I find it invaluable for browsing through large collections of samples, I think it's definitely the best thing available for such a task.

I do have a couple of points though of course : )

I second the poster who asked if we could have an option to set a time delay in between files playback - when browsing a large collection of short samples such as drum hits/synth notes etc, it would be a huge improvement were it possible to set an adjustable pause between each file rather than having to play/pause manually.

My other point is, I was wondering how difficult it would be to have the native Windows context menu available in the files list? This would make simple file operations like Rename and Copy/Move to Folder possible while browsing, which would also be a very useful capability.

Thank you for the work you've put into this application, it really is very good.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

Re: Thank you and a couple of points

Thank for your kind words! :)

Both the improved cut/copy/paste functionality and the native Explorer menu (by holding shift) will be available in the upcoming Alpha release, supposed to be out before the year is over! Make sure you follow the news on www.facebook.com/resonicplayer

Besides, http://www.resonic.at/pro

Cheers, Tom
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Oh right, and that custom gap feature will definitely happen!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

Sicknero
Getting the hang of it

Hi, a Happy New Year to you and thanks for your response.

Native Explorer menu will be an excellent addition and make Resonic the perfect audio browser and organiser. Editing functions I have other software for but the Pro version will be worthwhile I'm sure, to support the project and to have a few extra choices for the waveform view : )

I discovered yesterday as well, that adding Resonic to the Send To menu in Explorer allows me to open folders directly in Resonic. Great stuff : D

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Happy new year to you as well!
Editing functions I have other software for but the Pro version will be worthwhile I'm sure
It won't be regular editing, for that I have other software too, but more utility features that let you tinker right away in a non-destructive way.
to have a few extra choices for the waveform view : )
Mind sharing your ideas?
I discovered yesterday as well, that adding Resonic to the Send To menu in Explorer allows me to open folders directly in Resonic. Great stuff : D
You can also drag & drop files and folders onto Resonic's browser pane, or the file list, which will browse to the folder and - in case of a file - start playing.

Sicknero
Getting the hang of it

Hello,
Mind sharing your ideas?
Well, I didn't really have any sorry : ) I was just reading the notes re; pro version, about the waveform display "Additional waveform styles, solid waveforms, fluid waveform shading, etc." and the level meter.

Options to change colours are always welcome of course, though it's just a cosmetic thing. I was thinking it might also be handy to have an option in the Interface menu to hide the waveform view completely but then if we wanted the level meters still visible that might be awkward as they seem to sit in the same frame as the waveform. Just a thought anyway.
You can also drag & drop files and folders onto Resonic's browser pane, or the file list, which will browse to the folder and - in case of a file - start playing.
I noticed that, it integrates very nicely with that as well as the Send To menu. I was wondering yesterday though about how difficult recursive browsing would be? I.e. selecting a folder in the browser pane and having Resonic play the contents of sub-directories too. Although that could get a bit confusing I think unless there were some info visible about what directory you're in ... perhaps by the browser pane auto-opening as Resonic plays through the sub-directories or maybe just having an option to show full paths in the header or title bar?

I have a feeling that's been brought up already in the forum but I can't seem to find it now.

As an afterthought, it would be nice to have some kind of default view choice ... so that Resonic could be switched from a minimal view to one with all the panes, from a single menu item? Perhaps a save/restore profile option or some such...

I'll stop now sorry : )

Best of luck with it, looking forward very much to the beta and pro.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Sicknero wrote:Options to change colours are always welcome of course, though it's just a cosmetic thing.
What I'm going for primarily is a dark theme, which is much easier on the eyes when listening to/working on music in the evening or at night. However this is tricky since standard Windows controls cannot simply be made darker.
I was thinking it might also be handy to have an option in the Interface menu to hide the waveform view completely but then if we wanted the level meters still visible that might be awkward as they seem to sit in the same frame as the waveform.
That's been suggested before, and you are right, the level meter might have to go someplace else, which shouldn't be that much of a problem - maybe make it bigger and place it next to the main panels. However, other elements that might end up in the wave area are the tricky bits.

Will give this more thought!
I was wondering yesterday though about how difficult recursive browsing would be?
At this point, quite. But this is on priority and I'm already on it already as it's clearly is one of the more important aspects of browsing.
Although that could get a bit confusing I think unless there were some info visible about what directory you're in ... perhaps by the browser pane auto-opening as Resonic plays through the sub-directories or maybe just having an option to show full paths in the header or title bar?
This is something I haven't thought of before, but you are absolutely right, it needs a solution. Is it important to know which folder you're in when you have a recursive list of files (which basically is a playlist)? Maybe have a context menu item per file that navigates to that folder.
As an afterthought, it would be nice to have some kind of default view choice ... so that Resonic could be switched from a minimal view to one with all the panes, from a single menu item?
You mean like save the current pane configuration as user preset, then recall it?
I'll stop now sorry : )
Don't! ^^ Keep sharing whatever comes to mind, feel free to criticize.
Best of luck with it, looking forward very much to the beta and pro.
Thanks!

Sicknero
Getting the hang of it

What I'm going for primarily is a dark theme, which is much easier on the eyes when listening to/working on music in the evening or at night. However this is tricky since standard Windows controls cannot simply be made darker.
I'm a fan of dark themes anyway myself although re; colour options I was just thinking of the waveform really. Only a cosmetic thing all the same, not important really : )
You mean like save the current pane configuration as user preset, then recall it?
Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind : )