FR : basic audio editing

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

FR : basic audio editing

Hello
I don't know if it wouldn't be "too much" (bringing Resonic from the "audio player/sample manager" territory into the "audio editor" territory"), but i must confess that i dream about a full 2-in-1 solution, so i dare to ask :D
What do you think about allowing the user to perform basic audio editing on the files ?

I am thinking about :
- volume manipulation : volume adjustment, normalize ;
- duration manipulation : trim, crop, delete silence;
- format manipulation : convert format/bit/sampledepth, etc

Thank you for taking the FR into consideration ;)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: FR : basic audio editing

wshaper wrote:Hello
I don't know if it wouldn't be "too much" (bringing Resonic from the "audio player/sample manager" territory into the "audio editor" territory"), but i must confess that i dream about a full 2-in-1 solution, so i dare to ask :D
What do you think about allowing the user to perform basic audio editing on the files ?

I am thinking about :
- volume manipulation : volume adjustment, normalize ;
- duration manipulation : trim, crop, delete silence;
- format manipulation : convert format/bit/sampledepth, etc

Thank you for taking the FR into consideration ;)
I think Resonic shouldn't try to become an actual audio editor, that doesn't mean it won't be leaving its territory :D For the Pro there is quite a bit planned. See http://www.resonic.at/pro for some hints.

I don't want to spoil too much here, but format conversion/cropped export/normalization are all on my todo list. Also external tool support is planned: for a start think of an 'Edit' button launching your external wave editor on a file.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

Re: FR : basic audio editing

Hi
Thank you
It sounds nearly perfect :)

(an "Edit" button will be great ! The only downside is that an Edit button doesn't allow batch processing... but if " format conversion/cropped export/normalization are all on my todo list", then it should be enough ;) ).