Almost perfect but not useful to me

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
funkytwig
I'll think of more soon

Almost perfect but not useful to me

I was looking for something help me find audio effects in my large audio library (I am a film-maker so things like doorbells, rain, general atmosphere etc). Resonic is great for browsing but has no find function which makes it close to useless for me. Not looking for anything flash, just want to do a recursive search from the current directory on file-name. Is this likely to be added?

Ben

mmote

Re: Almost perfect but not useful to me

I'm 100% sure this is already on the todo-list.

funkytwig
I'll think of more soon

Near the top I hope;). Is there an announcement list I can join to find out when next version comes out?

mmote

funkytwig wrote:Near the top I hope;)
I'm not privy to that information ;)
Is there an announcement list I can join to find out when next version comes out?
Announcements are usually made on Twitter, Facebook and KVR (there are links at the bottom of the website).

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

funkytwig wrote:I was looking for something help me find audio effects in my large audio library (I am a film-maker so things like doorbells, rain, general atmosphere etc). Resonic is great for browsing but has no find function which makes it close to useless for me. Not looking for anything flash, just want to do a recursive search from the current directory on file-name. Is this likely to be added?
Hey there and welcome!

I'm working with thousands and thousands of samples in music production myself, so I fully understand your request. Resonic Player is basically a fast free-for-all audio player, but I can assure you such a search feature is planned for the Pro version.

Since you're working with sound effects you're probably used to audio tracks that contain multiple one-shots, e.g. off effect sample CDs. It's worth mentioning that the Pro will allow you to select and extract parts of a track within seconds, which is especially useful for sound effects.
Is there an announcement list I can join to find out when next version comes out?
Currently the best source for updates is the Facebook page, alternatively Twitter, but I'd recommend the former because there are usually pictures attached to the posts.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.