Smartphone remote control

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
eandmsz
My fingers hurt
First Name: Andras

Smartphone remote control

Hi,

It would be great if the user could control Resonic Player from the smartphone. Play/Pause/Next/Previous/Volume controls and library browsing and searching would make resonic player the best jukebox application.

Usually this is solved via a web interface (webserver in the music player) which can control the software. (see VLC, XBMC) And then there should be a specific app which is using the HTTP interface from the smartphone to control.

The iOS Remote is using some kind of different methond (probably not HTTP) which makes it the fastest and most reliable remote control what I have seen so far: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/remote/id284417350?mt=8

FYI: MonkeyMote is working on a remote for resonic player (I hope they contacted you regarding this, so you can provide the API, or whatever they need to control the player from outside)

http://www.monkeymote.com/
"In the works: Support for the shiny new Resonic Audio Player is being worked on, stay tuned"

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Smartphone remote control

Hey,
eandmsz wrote:It would be great if the user could control Resonic Player from the smartphone. Play/Pause/Next/Previous/Volume controls and library browsing and searching would make resonic player the best jukebox application.
This feature is planned and already being thought through.
FYI: MonkeyMote is working on a remote for resonic player (I hope they contacted you regarding this, so you can provide the API, or whatever they need to control the player from outside)
In fact I'm closely working with the MonkeyMote's fine developer monkey on concepts and ideas regarding the remote. We have some crazy things in mind, as we always do.

Besides, I'm currently using my old Sony-Ericsson K750i with custom mappings to control the basic playback functions of Resonic and various other apps via Bluetooth, because the phone is not used in any other way. Works pretty well as a temporary solution.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.