Bookmarks

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Blues
Starting to like this

Bookmarks

I am not referring to the Bookmarks section (Favorites) in the Browser-tree.

What I am suggesting are bookmarks within a song. If they show up as little marks above the waveform strip (maybe inside a ruler, bearing a time mark), then it wouldn't be necessary to give them meaningful names (VLC player offers that). The visual representation were enough to see them spread out over the time line.

Ctrl left/right could jump from bookmark to other, for instance.
Ctrl Shift left/right could extend/shrink the loop area in the Pro version.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Bookmarks

Blues wrote:I am not referring to the Bookmarks section (Favorites) in the Browser-tree.

What I am suggesting are bookmarks within a song. If they show up as little marks above the waveform strip (maybe inside a ruler, bearing a time mark), then it wouldn't be necessary to give them meaningful names (VLC player offers that). The visual representation were enough to see them spread out over the time line.

Ctrl left/right could jump from bookmark to other, for instance.
Ctrl Shift left/right could extend/shrink the loop area in the Pro version.
This is coming. I'll try to differentiate between various types of markers, like cues, loop start/end points. Currently I'm looking for a good way to integrate all this into the interface, i.e. graphics, colors, overlaps, usability.

However, this feature will mostly be a Pro treat that'll be called "Hotspots", i.e. there can be multiple named or unnamed hotspots per file that are remembered. This could be used in various ways.

I like the shrink/expand loop area idea!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Blues
Starting to like this

Mouth-watering outlook. Looking forward to the first Pro-release.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Me too :D

Some more at http://resonic.at/pro

Besides, I've added you to the beta forum as requested.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Blues
Starting to like this

Yippie - may the next Beta be with me soon.

Thanks for the link. Silence visualization and bullet mode - innovative and useful features.

Wish I could fast-forward in real life, too. Waiting is not among the virtues in my brain settings. The Pro version will beta-test my patience capabilities.