Filter using an "or" type search

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
DiBraccio
Starting to like this
First Name: Angelo

Filter using an "or" type search

Hi

By default, the filter is an "and" type search. The results have to match all the filter words. AKA an exclusive search.

Is it possible to do an "or" type search in the filter box, so the result could match any of the filter words? AKA an inclusive search.

Thank You

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Angelo, from 0.9.4 you can enjoy a completely reworked filter. The whole concept has changed and it is quite powerful now, but it stays away from using AND and OR keywords, instead it uses a +word -word system known from web search engines.

The default of the new filter is OR, but with +word +"a phrase" +'wholeword' +*.mp3 etc. you can extend it into an AND search, e.g.: kick +drum +filter -acoustic +*.wav

Details here: https://resonic.at/docs/beta/file-list#filter

Note that this is only available in pre-release builds so far. They are stable though. The official release is still at 0.9.3. I'll email you the download.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

DiBraccio
Starting to like this

Hi Tom

I was getting a virus warning from Avast Virus during installation. And when launching 9.4. I also got a Windows error message "Windows cannot access the specified path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions.".

After uninstalling and reinstalling and answering "I trust this file" to Avast virus warning multiple times.9.4 is launching without the virus warning.

I tried the filter. It's an "or" search now. I have to study the rest of the details about the filter.

Thank You
Angelo

DiBraccio
Starting to like this

The filter is awesome! "or", "and" and "wild cards" ! Combined with subfolder search (ALT click on folder). Oh my God. This is amazing.