Audio will no longer play

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
songinventor
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Lloyd
Resonic: Player

Audio will no longer play

I downloaded the player to try it out because I needed an audio player to quickly listen through audio files in various folders on my computer. I really like being able to see the waveform of the complete audio tracks and to be able to select any portion of the track to listen to. These are features I haven't found in any other audio players I've looked at. But this evening when I opened Resonic Player 0.9.3 there was no audio even though I could see it playing the audio. All of my other audio and video players have sound output. I even uninstalled it, re-downloaded, and reinstalled it to no avail. What could have happened? This was the perfect audio player for my purposes, but right now I can't afford the pro version, which I will consider getting in the future if I can get the player to work again.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Have you checked whether the correct sound card/driver is selected in preferences? [CTRL-P]
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

yewtreemagic
Ambassador

Tom's suggestion is indeed the most obvious one - your list of audio interfaces available to the operating system can change if for example you have unplugged a USB/Firewire/Thunderbolt interface, or in the case of those external interfaces that require their own power supplies, the interface itself was not switched on.

Instances like this may change the number of items in your interface list, or their order, so selecting the desired interface again could be an instant solution.

Martin
Martin Walker
YewTreeMagic

songinventor
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Lloyd
Resonic: Player

Yes, that was it. My laptop is docked and when I plug my headphones into the audio jack in the back of the dock, all of my other applications play through my headphones. But the audio for Resonic was going to my internal speakers unless I plugged my headphones directly into the laptop. Through [CTRL-P] I was able to select the same audio path for Resonic that my other apps were using and that fixed it. Thank You!

yewtreemagic
Ambassador

My pleasure!
Martin Walker
YewTreeMagic