Introduction and first impressions

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
studio13
My fingers hurt
First Name: Joel
Primary DAW: Pro Tools HD

Introduction and first impressions

Hello Tom and Resonic form members ..

I landed here after hearing about Resonic in the #gameaudio slack channel and I'm glad I had a poke around the site and forum.

Quick about me : I'm an experienced freelance sound designer working primarily in game audio. I've used sound editors and various search methods for almost 30 years now. Is there a cobweb emojii ? Hehehe ...

Tom it's brave of you to enter into the "audio file manager" arena. There are already several well established, feature rich competing apps on the market (several of which I use). However I feel like there's always room for innovation and improvement. Looking at the Resonic offering is pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to the features on your roadmap. Sadly without the search or playlist features I cannot functionally use Resonic Pro in my day to day operations. Still I'm buying a copy to check out the potential looks amazing.

Cheers !!

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Introduction and first impressions

Hey, happy to have you here!

Resonic Pro is still in Early Access but has now entered its 0.9 era. The search and playlist features are in active development and also our main focus. We're planning to deliver some game-changers alongside it, for example the lightning-fast auto tagging, which is not just a simple string comparison like in some overpriced apps.

https://resonic.at/pro#metadata-coverage
https://resonic.at/pro#metadata

We had to do a lot of thinking, sketching, and need to fail over and over again, in order to make sure the program does not suffocate itself with piled on new features.

So please bear with us, we're working as hard as we can, but we cannot allow ourselves to rush the foundations that keep the program so much more responsive than the whole bunch of competing apps. We don't like to see them as "competiton", because we're really doing our own thing here. Something that is supposed to benefit the users, is also why we're trying to work closely with users from different professional audio sectors, especially game audio as well - where time is more money than in most other sectors. Any participation is always welcome, just email or message us.

And to be clear: Search features will be delivered to EA users as free updates.

Cheers, Tom
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

studio13
My fingers hurt
First Name: Joel
Primary DAW: Pro Tools HD

Hi Tom

The application looks great and feels very intuitive. Really looking forward to playlists and search features. Are there any plans for a Mac version ?

Thanks

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Have a look here: https://resonic.at/faq#macos

We would start developing it if we got funding for it. The thing is, it wouldn't just be a port (it couldn't achieve the performance), but a new, native product.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

georgefernandis
Yay, I posted something
First Name: george

Thanks...........
Looking for the best inspirational, motivational, good morning, good night thought? Here you can get the best moral stories in hindi and status. motivational quotes in hindi

jacksonleo
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Jackson

Impressive! It's great to hear that you discovered Resonic through the #gameaudio slack channel and took the time to explore the website and forum. As an experienced freelance sound designer, your wealth of knowledge and 30 years of experience bring valuable insights to the table. Your recognition of the existing competition in the audio file manager market, combined with your enthusiasm for innovation and improvement, shows your openness to new tools and possibilities. Even without some essential features for your day-to-day operations, your decision to purchase Resonic Pro to explore its potential speaks volumes about your curiosity and willingness to embrace new solutions. I'm confident that Resonic's future updates and features will continue to impress you. Cheers to your success in the game audio industry!