Pro Tools import question

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
Thumphead
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Chris
Primary DAW: Pro Tools, Ableton

Pro Tools import question

When I select a segment of audio and import into Pro Tools, it creates a unique file for that clip (obviously). Is there to select/highlight a section of the audio to import as I do now, but also to copy the entire original audio file into Pro Tools as well?

I don't know that I am making myself clear, so a quick example of what I'm trying to do.
I have HIT SONG pulled up in resonic. I select the section from 02:23-02:45 and import that to Pro Tools. It shows up in my clip list and it is only the truncated part of the file. As I'm editing the client make all kinds of changes and now I need the hook from 01:15-01:36. I'd like to be able to extend the clip to view that without importing anything again. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Pro Tools import question

Perfectly clear what you need: you need a file reference instead of an actual cropped clip.

If Pro Tools accepts custom clipboard information (generated by Resonic) that tells it the source audio file, start sample, and range, then that would certainly be possible. Reaper works in the same way, for example.

Right now we don't have access to a recent Pro Tools version on PC, but if we would get our hands on one we'd definitely look into this - no question. Buying a copy of PT is unfortunately not in the budget at this point.

However, you could help by providing some information we need - get in touch via email (https://resonic.at/contact).
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.