Alpha 4029

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

Alpha 4029

Read the included instructions.txt and changelog.txt.

Main focus of this build is improved performance, the new column system, the notification bar at the bottom of the window that replaces popup messages.

Right-click on columns for automatic column alignment options.

Removed auto-fit column option, but reworked "avoid horizontal scrollbar", which now also works with F4, adjusted several smaller bugs.

Also a major thing: much improved meta data display performance for cached files.
Attachments
resonic-pre-130415-4029.zip
(214 Bytes) Downloaded 23 times
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

mrfox
Beta Tester

Re: Alpha 2013-04-15 (Build 4029) (RC)

I can't resize the "File Name" column, is this intended?

Notice (if you haven't already know): if you extract a new build to the same folder as the previous one, make sure to remove the 'profiles' folder. Keeping the old config can cause problems (for example horizontal scrolling kept acting cary until I removed the mentioned folder).

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Took manually resizing the "Hz" and "chn" columns to get them to show at all after adding them. (did nothing but unzip the player before testing this)
I don't suffer from insanity... I'm still insane though.

Andreasvb

I create a new folder for each build, makes it easier when you know it's clean.
Will try later when I'm home.
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

mrfox wrote:I can't resize the "File Name" column, is this intended?
you can't resize it manually when the 'avoid scrollbar' option is on
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

BTGbullseye wrote:Took manually resizing the "Hz" and "chn" columns to get them to show at all after adding them. (did nothing but unzip the player before testing this)
true, some of their widths are still off on first start

Andreasvb

Maybe I should mention this.
I think a lot will accidentally click on the Facebook Like-button when trying to resize the window.

I like programs that has the resize handle so it's easier to hit the area for resize, like on this picture: http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/sizehand.gif

Also, I miss the auto-fit option.

when showing a dialog to go to a website it might be good to display the URL where it will take you.

LopDog
Likes it here

Everything run smoothly for me.
My folders take a long time for a scan, but i think that this case is about my hardware.

and also No crash ;)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:Maybe I should mention this.
I think a lot will accidentally click on the Facebook Like-button when trying to resize the window.
good point, removed it. some days something better will come to mind.
I like programs that has the resize handle so it's easier to hit the area for resize
yeah that's kinda tricky because of the custom status and notification bar. many controls in resonic are non-standard.
imo it was utterly useless with its standard functionality, so i intend to innovate this a bit by resizing the columns in realtime, even when scrolling. but not in this release.

even though this is still in alpha state i won't release broken or half-assed features.
when showing a dialog to go to a website it might be good to display the URL where it will take you.
yep, have this on my todo but why not add it now...

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

LopDog wrote:Everything run smoothly for me.
My folders take a long time for a scan, but i think that this case is about my hardware.
how many files are in there? and what file types? mostly mp3?

lerian
My fingers are bleeding

Andreasvb wrote:Maybe I should mention this.

I like programs that has the resize handle so it's easier to hit the area for resize, like on this picture: http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/sizehand.gif

yeah, i can too relate to that.

other than this, the rc works correctly on my w7 x64. only the avoid horizontal scrollbar option took me some time to figure out why i can't resize filename column. it would be more intuitive if the user could resize anything he wants, diminishing the other columns (starting with the one next to the resizing one)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

lerian wrote:other than this, the rc works correctly on my w7 x64. only the avoid horizontal scrollbar option took me some time to figure out why i can't resize filename column. it would be more intuitive if the user could resize anything he wants, diminishing the other columns (starting with the one next to the resizing one)
in fact i just reworked this:

the option is on until the user resizes the filename column, then is disabled with a short notification message.

this is the most intuitive and less confusing, imo.
Attachments
snap05604.png
snap05604.png (86.48 KiB) Viewed 582 times

LopDog
Likes it here

Tom wrote:
LopDog wrote:Everything run smoothly for me.
how many files are in there? and what file types? mostly mp3?

Hundreds per folder, mostly mp3,

I think this was that to say my hardrive which was in sleeping mode or the first time to get in cache some informations.
Because when i retry some scan now, this it is faster.

Andreasvb

Tom wrote: good point, removed it. some days something better will come to mind.
It could go beside the logo or somewhere else that's not easy to miss-click. But you are free to place it where it feels best, it's your program and it should be worth noting. Just that misplaced can have wrong effect. :)
yeah that's kinda tricky because of the custom status and notification bar. many controls in resonic are non-standard.
Wild idea: As you can move the window by click-holding the status bar, maybe have it resize with mouse 2 or 3?
imo it was utterly useless with its standard functionality, so i intend to innovate this a bit by resizing the columns in realtime, even when scrolling. but not in this release.

even though this is still in alpha state i won't release broken or half-assed features.
Thanks!
yep, have this on my todo but why not add it now...
It's the little things, haha. :D

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:Wild idea: As you can move the window by click-holding the status bar, maybe have it resize with mouse 2 or 3?
wouldn't know how, tbh. middle-click in the middle of the status bar, then what?

Andreasvb

Then you drag to resize.