Alpha 2013-04-09

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

Alpha 2013-04-09

Read the included instructions.txt and changelog.txt.
Discuss anything related to this build right here.

Main focus of this build is improved performance and the new column system.

See attached screenshot for features that need testing.

Auto-align makes sure the columns are always inside the list, if possible.

Auto-fit adjusts all columns to their content, if possible, and if content available. This usually happens delayed, after sorting.

Reset to default should restore the default columns.
Attachments
snap05545.png
snap05545.png (20.41 KiB) Viewed 306 times
resonic-pre-130409.zip
(214 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Re: Alpha 2013-04-09

Auto-fit and auto-align works perfectly for me right up until the list of files in a folder is so long that it requires a vertical scroll bar. When a scroll bar appears then it is just slightly too wide, and adds a horizontal scroll bar too. (would be nice if it auto-fit to prevent the horizontal scroll bar when a vertical scroll bar is present)
I don't suffer from insanity... I'm still insane though.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

BTGbullseye wrote:Auto-fit and auto-align works perfectly for me right up until the list of files in a folder is so long that it requires a vertical scroll bar. When a scroll bar appears then it is just slightly too wide, and adds a horizontal scroll bar too. (would be nice if it auto-fit to prevent the horizontal scroll bar when a vertical scroll bar is present)
well that's odd. that's the idea behind it, to prevent the horizontal bar from showing.

but after all this is why we're testing :)

it should automatically take into account the vertical scrollbar plus 4 pixels of padding.

do you have any custom windows style settings? with auto-align on, and changing folders, does it show the horizontal bar? if so, by how many pixels, approximately, is it off? could you attach a partial screenshot here if it doesn't go away?
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Andreasvb

Is it intended to resize only what's visible when auto-fit is on?
But it only do so when actively resizing, not when scrolling. Guess that would take too much power, maybe.

Mine only shows the horizontal scrollbar briefly as I resize.
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

mrfox
Beta Tester

The 'File Name' column is loosing its auto fit option when I reduce the horizontal size of the window. When I reduce more, the column width jumps back to fit the text.

Althir
I'll think of more soon

Works great. Haven't noticed any bugs for now.

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Tom wrote:do you have any custom windows style settings? with auto-align on, and changing folders, does it show the horizontal bar? if so, by how many pixels, approximately, is it off? could you attach a partial screenshot here if it doesn't go away?
No custom window stuff... Looks like it was just that one time for it to show the horizontal always, and any time I resize the visualization to make the vertical scroll bar appear. Might've been having the original issue because of my adding/removing of columns then resizing the visualization.
I don't suffer from insanity... I'm still insane though.