Audio level question

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
NTO
Starting to like this
First Name: NTO
Artist Handle: NTO
Primary DAW: FL Studio

Audio level question

I'm browsing my collections today.
Using (separately) Resonic, two other sample librarians, and a DAW, all set to use the ASIO driver for my sound card.

Resonic is the only one that indicates '32 bit' for the driver ( :o didn't think I installed any 32 bit driver...), and the output level is MUCH lower than the other three apps.

Any idea why?

TIA

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

As long as the volume bar in Resonic is at 100% volume is not touched in any other way in ASIO mode. I regularly test Resonic Pro on three ASIO cards and haven't observed anything in that direction yet. How/when does it happen?

For an explanation on the "32-bit" remark see https://resonic.at/faq#asio - this is only related to the audio driver's CPU architecture, not the audio format.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

NTO
Starting to like this

Okay, I found the volume bar. Did you know it doesn't have defining pop up help text, like the surrounding components?

Another UI item. If I have the prepare and pause, don't play selected; then manually play the current selection, it falls into play auto mode.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re:

NTO wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 19:02
Okay, I found the volume bar. Did you know it doesn't have defining pop up help text, like the surrounding components?
It would be exceptionally annoying to have a hint window pop up every time you hover on the volume bar ;) Once you pass over it shows the dB/%.
Another UI item. If I have the prepare and pause, don't play selected; then manually play the current selection, it falls into play auto mode.
Not sure I can follow. How to reproduce this?
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

NTO
Starting to like this

hmmm guess one goes over the vol bar much more often than the other switches located there

In the menu, under playback. Set it to prepare etc. Go to the browser window play a sample. The rest will be played following.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re:

NTO wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 19:36
hmmm guess one goes over the vol bar much more often than the other switches located there

In the menu, under playback. Set it to prepare etc. Go to the browser window play a sample. The rest will be played following.
There seems to be something wrong, I can see it now, but it rarely happens here. Will investigate.

NTO
Starting to like this

I'm always set that way, and it always happens. (Win7/SP1 fwiw)

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

If you click a file once in this mode, then seek to the end, it'll stop there.
If you click a file twice (or once and then start playback using the space bar), it'll continue with the next file.
This is obviously inconsistent behavior which needs to be fixed.
I'd argue it should play the next file in "Prepare and pause" mode, since it only affects clicking a file in the list. You can still override this by enabling "Stop after current file".