Alpha 0.5.8a Build 6980 [Alpha 999]

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

Alpha 0.5.8a Build 6980 [Alpha 999]

Sooo.... this is the first test-worthy build after a while and, again, many things have been reworked internally. Stability and proper function is, as usual, the main concern here. Most of the work went into beta preparations.

Once released this will be labeled Alpha 999, i.e. the final alpha version.

A list of changes can now always be found in whatsnew.txt!

Make sure you read this first! Ignore the version numbers for now, they will be introduced with the beta.
What's important is the top part about Alpha 999.

Thanks!
Attachments
resonic-test-140114-6980.zip
(214 Bytes) Downloaded 58 times
resonic-test-140105-6503.zip
(214 Bytes) Downloaded 72 times
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Andreasvb

Re: Build 6503 (Alpha 999 RC)

Thanks for the new version.

Some reports and suggestions.
  • # In whatsnew.txt it says Alt+F12 for toggling Waveform, in the menu it says Ctrl+F12. (As a bonus, when pressing Alt+F12 it says: Theme reloaded)
    # Horizontal scrollbar is always visible, with maybe 1 px, even if decreasing the width of a column it snaps back.
    This may be caused by me changing the size of the scrollbars to be smaller than default, custom theme.
    + Seeking when scrolling over waveform might be good as well.
    + Hiding/showing play time by right clicking.
    + Toggle waveform by middle clicking.
    + When resizing the window so the volume bar becomes smaller, have the visible part overlap play time instead, if possible.
    + Fading also when pausing, like muting.
    + MOD/XM with tracker visualization, like XMPlay.
    + Any plans to add SID capability?
    ? Sorry again, I know this may be low priority or not possible due to 3rd party library, but Opus files with ReplayGain still got low volume.
Will try more and see if I find something. :)

Edit: I think it broke.
  • # When hiding header and restarting it will be all white where the header normally is.
    As a consequence, when hiding the waveform the buttons-bar is gone as well (no menu-button).
    It breaks a bit more when viewing the information bar.

# Volume meters should scale better, when having a lower waveform height it's hard to see them move. Seems to work after a restart, somehow.
    + Easier to change height of waveform. Instead of 1 px horizontal hitbox, make whole button-bar grabbable.
    + Instead of Dismiss (Esc) entry, let menu be toggable when clicking.
    # Notifications aren't shown when footer is hidden, maybe intentional as it's just that, hidden.
Last edited by Andreasvb on January 6th, 2014, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

mrfox
Beta Tester

Great build with many great features!

What I found yet:
- Browser is a lot faster with files from network share than before
- The volume bar, mute icon and rescan icon hiding method is a bit strange, not sure if it is intended or bugged.
- Cheers for the quick seek feature, only problem I found is that the area is a bit larger than the time display itself (with short music files anyway)
- Volume changing by scrolling is good to, but I think it should only be applied when the mouse is over the volume bar itself (sometimes I made a quick seek when I wanted to test the volume scrolling, because of the area being larger than the time display as mentioned before)

Everything else seems good, overall performance is better as always, that's what I really love about Resonic. This is going to be a good beta release.

JamesEW
Beta Tester

Will give this a test hopefully later today and add my thoughts on this build.

Cheers.

PHM
Likes it here

# Click to toggle sidebar (F4) - Icon in the bottom left corner is hidden by default for me.
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (SP1)
Resonic Beta 0.6.3b

Andreasvb

PHM wrote:# Click to toggle sidebar (F4) - Icon in the bottom left corner is hidden by default for me.
I also noticed that the icon disappear, you can still click on it.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

mrfox wrote:- The volume bar, mute icon and rescan icon hiding method is a bit strange, not sure if it is intended or bugged.
You mean when the window width is too small for them to fit in? If so, they wrap around (into a second row), which is indeed messed up, but I currently have no other way of doing this. Will eventually find a better solution though.
- Cheers for the quick seek feature, only problem I found is that the area is a bit larger than the time display itself (with short music files anyway)
Not sure what you mean?
- Volume changing by scrolling is good to, but I think it should only be applied when the mouse is over the volume bar itself (sometimes I made a quick seek when I wanted to test the volume scrolling, because of the area being larger than the time display as mentioned before)
Noted that, will make an option for that.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

PHM wrote:# Click to toggle sidebar (F4) - Icon in the bottom left corner is hidden by default for me.
Fixed.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:# In whatsnew.txt it says Alt+F12 for toggling Waveform, in the menu it says Ctrl+F12. (As a bonus, when pressing Alt+F12 it says: Theme reloaded)
Fixed.
# Horizontal scrollbar is always visible, with maybe 1 px, even if decreasing the width of a column it snaps back. This may be caused by me changing the size of the scrollbars to be smaller than default, custom theme.
Mind posting a screen/sharing the theme so I can try it live?
+ Seeking when scrolling over waveform might be good as well.
Currently changes volume, but worth an option. Noted.
+ Hiding/showing play time by right clicking.
Yep, but as context menu with additional options.
Currently pause, but will have to have customizable mouse buttons for the waveform anyways in future.
?
Not really, but thought about Winamp plugin support, i.e. in_sid.dll could then be loaded.
? Sorry again, I know this may be low priority or not possible due to 3rd party library, but Opus files with ReplayGain still got low volume.
That's unfortunately in the hands of Ian / Bass. Can't do much here :|
# When hiding header and restarting it will be all white where the header normally is.
As a consequence, when hiding the waveform the buttons-bar is gone as well (no menu-button).
I can't seem to reproduce it. Screenshot?
+ Easier to change height of waveform. Instead of 1 px horizontal hitbox, make whole button-bar grabbable.
Good idea, will think about that!
That's a bit I've been fighting with forever. Thing is, standard popup menus on Windows can't be closed programatically, hence the 'Dismiss' entry.
# Notifications aren't shown when footer is hidden, maybe intentional as it's just that, hidden.
Good point. No idea in sight, but noted.

Andreasvb

Tom wrote:
Andreasvb wrote:# Horizontal scrollbar is always visible, with maybe 1 px, even if decreasing the width of a column it snaps back. This may be caused by me changing the size of the scrollbars to be smaller than default, custom theme.
Mind posting a screen/sharing the theme so I can try it live?
Sure, I've put it here: http://andreasvb.deviantart.com/art/Aer ... -422888929 [ AeroLine for Windows 8.1 by andreasvb on deviantART ]

Currently pause, but will have to have customizable mouse buttons for the waveform anyways in future.
I was thinking on the button to cycle between them.
?
When you mute, the volume fades, but not when pausing.
Not really, but thought about Winamp plugin support, i.e. in_sid.dll could then be loaded.
Cool.
That's unfortunately in the hands of Ian / Bass. Can't do much here :|
XMPlay seems to work good, not sure if it reads ReplayGain, though. Maybe disable RG for Opus will help?
# When hiding header and restarting it will be all white where the header normally is.
I can't seem to reproduce it. Screenshot?
That's a bit I've been fighting with forever. Thing is, standard popup menus on Windows can't be closed programatically, hence the 'Dismiss' entry.
Not even if you create it as a standard menu and call it?
IE's gear icon seems to work like a menu.
Maybe this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 11487.aspx [ Progressive Disclosure Controls ]
Good point. No idea in sight, but noted.
Make the footer visible during the notification then hide it again?

mrfox
Beta Tester

Tom wrote:
Not sure what you mean?
resonic_time.png
The marked area triggers the mousewheel event and starts seeking
Probably the element containing the timer is set to a fixed width (just guessing, sorry If I'm mistaken). It's not that big of a problem though, but it's visually not expected to work that way in my opinion, I expected to seek only when the mouse is over the text itself not the whole element.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

mrfox wrote:Probably the element containing the timer is set to a fixed width (just guessing, sorry If I'm mistaken). It's not that big of a problem though, but it's visually not expected to work that way in my opinion, I expected to seek only when the mouse is over the text itself not the whole element.
Oh, that! Yes. It's a custom-painted control and set to the maximum width (hh:mm:ss,xxx) it's going to occupy. I could shrink it for the free version, but there would still be some excess width to make sure all fits in. Probably have to tweak this more.

This is a problem I'm having with custom controls and since I'm going after performance things in general get trickier than they could be, i.e. dynamic resize depending on content would introduce too much overhead. These things add up.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Here's an intermediate exe - should fix the sidebar button and hopefully the header problem. Also made the splitters (waveform, sidebar) bigger.

Just replace existing exe with this new one.

Andreasvb

Didn't fixed the header for me.
Or, it works in vanilla install, hmm.
Removed config-2.db, not so much to configure anyway.
It's back again...

BTGbullseye
Beta Tester

Works great for me.
I don't suffer from insanity... I'm still insane though.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:+ Instead of Dismiss (Esc) entry, let menu be toggable when clicking.
Implemented, thanks to some LSD-level hackery by a very fine monkey.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:Didn't fixed the header for me. It's back again...
This should have fixed it.

Andreasvb

Oh, so it was the option Remember window position when enabled that caused it.
That would explain why it worked with a clean install. :P
Last edited by Andreasvb on January 8th, 2014, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:Oh, so it was the option Remember window position then enabled that caused it.
That would explain why it worked with a clean install. :P
Hehe, exactly.

mrfox
Beta Tester

Tom wrote: Oh, that! Yes. It's a custom-painted control and set to the maximum width (hh:mm:ss,xxx) it's going to occupy. I could shrink it for the free version, but there would still be some excess width to make sure all fits in. Probably have to tweak this more.

This is a problem I'm having with custom controls and since I'm going after performance things in general get trickier than they could be, i.e. dynamic resize depending on content would introduce too much overhead. These things add up.
I see. Well, don't make this a higher priority, I don't think it's necessary to shrink it for the free version. I'm sure you have more important things to do. These kind of minor design problems are usually solved by an 'eureka moment' :D

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

mrfox wrote:I see. Well, don't make this a higher priority, I don't think it's necessary to shrink it for the free version. I'm sure you have more important things to do. These kind of minor design problems are usually solved by an 'eureka moment' :D
True. Sat down and fixed this though, except dynamic resizing.

Will have to think about a custom toolbar more, and custom buttons, which are essential for theming.

That was a long night, again ... ;)

LopDog
Likes it here

When you make a loop with feature "main playback position when switching files" and you switch file, the player keep the loop on the file switched . it is voluntary? because i like the combination.

-I notice that the drag and drop work on the player to explorer , if you want do the same on the contrary you must put the dragged file on the "file list" section instead of the waveform section. It must be better to enable the drop file feature on the waveform also.

-The looping feature don't work if resonic don't play the file. I mean, if i want to loop directly to the start of my file i cant because , if i click at the start point, the player begin to play the file (wich is normal and ergonomic) but if i don't press play and click directly on the "A-B" button, the A is not active.
I hope that you understand

-Can you add later the shortcut on the explorer "play with" when we right click?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Can you add later the shortcut on the explorer "play with" when we right click?
In the beta, i.e. in 1-2 releases.
LopDog wrote:When you make a loop with feature "main playback position when switching files" and you switch file, the player keep the loop on the file switched . it is voluntary? because i like the combination.
This is intended. Did you read whatsnew.txt?
I notice that the drag and drop work on the player to explorer , (...) It must be better to enable the drop file feature on the waveform also.
Definitely. It's on todo.
The looping feature don't work if resonic don't play the file. (...) I hope that you understand
I understand. Added A-B support for stop, and also for pause.

Code: Select all

! Fixed white header overlapping waveform on startup when
   'Remember window position' option is enabled (reported: Andreasvb)
! Fixed clickable area of time display in transport bar (reported: mrfox)
* A-B repeat region can now be set while playback is paused.
  A position can also be set while playback is stopped, i.e. the region
   will start at the beginning of the file (suggested: LopDog)
Attached new .exe - overwrite existing one with this and report back please.
Attachments
resonic-test-140110-6687-exe.zip
(214 Bytes) Downloaded 58 times

Blackout
Beta Tester

hi resonic....

thank you for the paste options of a file. much better. :)

but how about my suggestion of an option to set a delay between auto-playing the next file in the folder so you don't hear just a jumble of sounds mashed together for small percussion sounds? did that get any airtime ?

I am going to be doing some serious bashing of the beta over the weekend, I will report back any other anomalities

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blackout wrote:hi resonic....
I'm Tom, or Liqube if you will ;)
but how about my suggestion of an option to set a delay between auto-playing the next file in the folder so you don't hear just a jumble of sounds mashed together for small percussion sounds? did that get any airtime ?
It's currently not possible yet, as I need timed commands (e.g. continue in 500ms when track done) for this feature to work.

I'll work on it, but it's not on priority. The 'Stop' mode should be satisfactory for now.
I am going to be doing some serious bashing of the beta over the weekend, I will report back any other anomalities
Looking forward to your findings. Get the build, then use the thread's latest exe to update.

Andreasvb

Some more. :roll:
  • # The time display's region adhere to the cursor now, however, resizing makes the volume meter stop at same place as before.
    Also noticed that the small bar is under the vis-button, same for time display should be possible (instead of resizing the volume meter it goes along under the controls).

# It can take up to 3 seconds to exit Resonic. The startup is very fast, almost like Boom now.

# When unhiding Information bar it doesn't show the info until switching track (need to switch a track between hide/unhide for it to vanish).
    Play-button and clicking same track refreshes info again, but not by pressing Enter (to play same track as like clicking).

Even better, show the info on the status bar instead (donate link too is fine), less space. :)

+ Remove the play-button, seems a bit redundant with both pause and play. (When stopped, make pause-button behave as play instead). Enter works to play as well.

+ I know you use custom controls, but a SizingGrip would help on the task bar for easier resizing.

<3 Would it be unpossible to try disable/increase ReplayGain for *.opus to see if that can remedy the low volume, temporarily? :cry:

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:Some more. :roll:
Keep 'em coming! :o
Would it be unpossible to try disable/increase ReplayGain for *.opus to see if that can remedy the low volume, temporarily? :cry:
Unfortunately not, sorry :| If there was a way to work around this I'd do it, but the Opus implementation seems to do it automatically and the plugin neither exposes options nor functions that would let me affect this behavior in any way. You'd have to nag Ian again to look into this. Two people nagging are better than one.

Will go through the rest in a separate post.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:The time display's region adhere to the cursor now, however, resizing makes the volume meter stop at same place as before. Also noticed that the small bar is under the vis-button, same for time display should be possible (instead of resizing the volume meter it goes along under the controls).
I replied to the wrap problem quite a few times. I currently have no better way of doing this, except maybe try to hide some controls as a temporary fix. Will have to figure out a way to replace the tool bar.
It can take up to 3 seconds to exit Resonic. The startup is very fast, almost like Boom now.
Not sure what's causing this, as it almost never happens here on my systems and when it does it's during development. Have you tried to disable your virus scanner, or other apps that might scan active files in the background to see if it makes any difference? The only thing being written on exit is the app settings, to the database. Other than that, not much going on except waiting for threads to finish.
When unhiding Information bar it doesn't show the info until switching track (need to switch a track between hide/unhide for it to vanish).
This is a known issue, but only a minor visual one. I won't fix it for now for internal reasons (re-read). Enter does not refresh the info is because it restarts the same file rather than re-read it, hence it is instant, where play re-reads and re-scans the file and starts from the beginning.
Even better, show the info on the status bar instead (donate link too is fine), less space. :)
Idea is to have it visually tied to the file name. Won't touch this for now, also because there'll be an optional meta tab in a new sidebar on the right, which might be an alternative to the info bar all together.
Remove the play-button, seems a bit redundant with both pause and play. (When stopped, make pause-button behave as play instead). Enter works to play as well.
The functions are different. Play always re-reads and restarts from the beginning (or later on at a region start) while pause toggles the paused state + does special handling of various play states. This could be made optional in future versions. Thought about the possibility to hide buttons to ones liking.
I know you use custom controls, but a sizing grip would help on the task bar for easier resizing.
Noted. Tried this before and my solution sucked. Will try again, maybe I can come up with a more elegant way of doing this.

Andreasvb

Your points are valid and fair, appreciated. And I agree on most of them. :)

I've uploaded a zip with 2 logfiles, one when it's fast and one when it's slow. It happens randomly.
If you have Process Monitor I can save in that format as well, if needed.

Also, here's a post I wrote at un4seen's forum about the RG issue.

Thanks.
Attachments
Logfiles.zip
(32.53 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:I've uploaded a zip with 2 logfiles, one when it's fast and one when it's slow. It happens randomly.
If you have Process Monitor I can save in that format as well, if needed.
Procmon logs would be better, yes.

Looks weird. Does it happen on exit when "Menu | Advanced | Disable waveform cache" is checked?

Andreasvb

Disabled waveform cache, didn't help, unfortunately.
Also tried with a clean install, no profile-file bigger than 20 kB, same issue with both.

Uploaded pml-files for both Boom and Resonic, inlcuding start and exit for each.

Edit:
Made a few tests between Resonic and Boom.
Maybe not the most comparative, as it differs a lot in coding and such.
Both programs have a library and equal size, will list all files used and as much info as possible I can think of.

- Start and exit time test in Process Monitor (amount of File System Activity lines)
Boom:
Start: 339
Exit: 55
Resonic:
Start: 3 723
Exit: 856 (fast), 2 793 (slow)

- Boom configuration.
Files:

Boom.exe [ 2 185 KB ]
Boom.exe.locallibrary.opt [ 0 KB ]
Boom.exe.localconfig.opt [ 0 KB ]

/boom-configuration
config.dat [ 2 KB ]
database.dat [ 2 770 KB ]
- Resonic configuration.
Files:

bass.dll [ 106 KB ]
bass_opus.dll [ 54 KB ]
bassmix.dll [ 19 KB ]
resonic.exe [ 1 531 KB ]
resonicboot.ini [ 1 KB ]
rslib.dll [ 705 KB ]

/profiles
config-2.db [ 14 KB ]
history-1.db [ 2 KB ]
library-1.db [ 72 KB]
usercontent-1.db [ 4 KB ]
wave-1.db [ 32 KB ]
resonicboot.ini contains:

[Boot]
StoragePath=.
StorageMethod=single
Attachments
Logfiles_pml.zip
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 47 times

Blackout
Beta Tester

Tom I am also getting this:

"It can take up to 3 seconds to exit Resonic. The startup is very fast, almost like Boom now." - Andreas

i have narrowed it down to every second load. If i just sit there with the desktop and load Resonic and close resonic over and over, every second load seems to "hang" for 3 or 4 seconds. every alternate close is under 1 second.

weird.

Cheers,
Blackout

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

I have prepared a special resonic.exe which creates a text file called 'ProfileRelease.log'. Use this for log creation only.

I'd need at least one log for a slow start, one log for a fast start.
This might help me to narrow down the problem.
Attachments
resonic-profile-exe.zip
(214 Bytes) Downloaded 57 times

Andreasvb

Somehow it's very hard to reproduce now, almost every exit is faster (99/100).
Is it compiled differently?

Startup is a bit slower, granted it got logging to do now.
Uploaded logs (The extension log is not allowed). ;)

Recorded a little video of the behavior.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRcUc-FQhWc[/youtube]
Attachments
Profiler_logs.zip
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

mrfox
Beta Tester

No matter how I try, I can't reproduce this behavior. Sometimes closing Resonic is not instant, but certainly not slow as shown in the video Andreasvb posted.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:Somehow it's very hard to reproduce now, almost every exit is faster (99/100). Is it compiled differently?
Same.
The extension log is not allowed.
Should be fine now.
Recorded a little video of the behavior.
According to your logs the function saving the settings is taking up two seconds on shutdown. So I guess we're narrowed down the problem. Will investigate and maybe post another build with extended shutdown logging.

Besides, this exe can also be used to narrow down problems on start-up.
mrfox wrote:No matter how I try, I can't reproduce this behavior. Sometimes closing Resonic is not instant, but certainly not slow as shown in the video Andreasvb posted.
Me neither, unfortunately.

Andreasvb

It's already unlisted, I'm thinking ahead. ;)
This is the private beta-forum after all.

Thanks a lot for trying to fix. ^^

Blackout
Beta Tester

here is a video of the shutdown problem for me. it did the 3 second delay thing several times in a row. as you can see startup was almost instantaneous but the shutdown seems to "hang" for a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZ58E5P ... e=youtu.be

also I took the liberty to show you the problem of no "delay time" setting between sample plays. you can see Resonic just tearing its way at the end of the video through all my closed hi hats at a break-neck speed creating this big jumble of sound. I really hope you reconsider adding this option of "delay time between sample plays" to Resonic.

(seems the sound didn't record doh but you get the idea)

Cheers,
Blackout

Andreasvb

Tom wrote:
Andreasvb wrote:Some more. :roll:
Keep 'em coming! :o
Would it be unpossible to try disable/increase ReplayGain for *.opus to see if that can remedy the low volume, temporarily? :cry:
Unfortunately not, sorry :| If there was a way to work around this I'd do it, but the Opus implementation seems to do it automatically and the plugin neither exposes options nor functions that would let me affect this behavior in any way. You'd have to nag Ian again to look into this. Two people nagging are better than one.

Will go through the rest in a separate post.
Here's a fix from Ian. http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=138 ... #msg107719
Didn't worked just by placing it in Resonic's folder, think it needs to be coded first.
It looks like an OPUS file's "output gain" field is used to store the Replaygain level. BASSOPUS always applies the output gain, but here's an update in which it can be retrieved and modified...

http://www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassopus.dll

It adds the following BASS_ChannelGet/SetAttribute option to access an OPUS stream's output gain value...

#define BASS_ATTRIB_OPUS_GAIN 0x13001
The setting is in dB. You would set it to 0 to have the file's output gain value ignored...

BASS_ChannelSetAttribute(handle, BASS_ATTRIB_OPUS_GAIN, 0);

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Very good! I'll try this soon.

Should probably be always disabled for now to be compatible with the rest.

Andreasvb

Tom wrote:Very good! I'll try this soon.

Sounds good to me, thanks.

sergeyapanin
Getting the hang of it

Just Downloaded 6687 build
- Right Click Menu did't work on the first file in 'file list' on my W7 system - it works like a right click on collumns
- Drag'n'drop - i can drop from 'file list' to desktop but not on my any folder in 'browser', is it ok?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

sergeyapanin wrote:- Right Click Menu did't work on the first file in 'file list' on my W7 system - it works like a right click on collumns
Just noticed this yesterday as well. Fixed it!
- Drag'n'drop - i can drop from 'file list' to desktop but not on my any folder in 'browser', is it ok?
It's okay like that, yes. It'll take some more releases to get this done.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Andreasvb wrote:
Tom wrote:Very good! I'll try this soon.
Sounds good to me, thanks.
It's working, although hacky. I'll include it with the next release.

From a producer's point of view... I'm happy this piece of crap ReplayGain is disabled for Opus files :twisted:
Attachments
snap07069.png
snap07068.png

Andreasvb

*Like*

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Added a brand-new test build.

Check original post for resonic-test-140114-6980.zip.

+ New 'Select + Deselect Files' feature lets you quickly select (ALT-NUM+)
   and deselect (ALT-NUM-) multiple files at once.
  Press the shortcuts twice to quickly apply the mask and close the dialog,
   e.g. press ALT-NUM- twice to quickly deselect all files.
  You can do multiple selects or deselects to refine the selection.
  Wildcards (* and ?, e.g. *.mp3) are supported, but optional:
   without wildcards any filename that contains the entered text matches.

! Fixed Resonic not being able to play files inside hidden folders,
   which, for example, was absurdly annoying when trying to directly open
   files received in Skype.
  When you try to play files inside a hidden folder Resonic will now list that folder's
   contents, but keep it hidden in the browser.
  Expect an option to show hidden folders and files in a future version.

+ New 'Properties' item in file list popup shows a single file's properties
   like Explorer does (ALT-ENTER).

* Several theme color changes

* You can now press the UP key at the top of the file list to wrap to the bottom,
   and the DOWN key at the bottom to wrap to the top.

+ Ogg-Opus output gain now defaults to 0dB, ignoring any Replaygain tags,
   and reproducing the audio as-is.

+ Right-click stop button for an experimental 'Stop with fade-out' feature

pumafred
Really likes it here

Re: Build 6980 (Alpha 999 RC)

Hi Tom!

I apologize for not contributing much lately in my role of Beta tester. I am busy with some work deadlines, but I can tell you I am using your test builds to play my music in the background, and they are working without a glitch.
Thanks for your efforts!!

Best regards from Argentina,

mrfox
Beta Tester

Short review according to my user style:
+ New 'Select + Deselect Files' feature lets you quickly select (ALT-NUM+)
and deselect (ALT-NUM-) multiple files at once.
I can already imagine many useful ways to organize music libraries.
! Fixed Resonic not being able to play files inside hidden folders
Appreciated.
+ New 'Properties' item in file list popup shows a single file's properties
like Explorer does (ALT-ENTER).
Useful for me, to quickly access meta data editing until Resonic offers a feature to do this. :)
Works like it should as an experimental feature, are you gonna allow users to set fade-out duration?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

pumafred wrote:I apologize for not contributing much lately in my role of Beta tester. I am busy with some work deadlines, but I can tell you I am using your test builds to play my music in the background, and they are working without a glitch. Thanks for your efforts!!
No problem, appreciate you letting me know. Test when you can.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

mrfox wrote:
Works like it should as an experimental feature, are you gonna allow users to set fade-out duration?
Sure. All going into the preferences dialog in the beta.