First use comments

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
NTO
Starting to like this
First Name: NTO
Artist Handle: NTO
Primary DAW: FL Studio

First use comments

Like the speed of the browser a lot! :D

Will take some time to learn the UI. :roll:

Creating 'Slices' - they have no end(?) :-? Trigger on the keyboard key, but any of them plays through the rest of the sample. Didn't find the answer in the help (yet, maybe).
Yes I saw 'Selections' - only two at a time? Convert 'Slices' to 'Selections'? Chopping samples looks clumsy at best...

E.g. - :alien: - In Edison - auto slice (if wanted) gives transient selections auto markered; or do manual markers (just dbl-click + UI press).
Convert markers to regions (Singles w/right click or script for all). Name them from menu. Assign root notes. Export regions.

SO, no offense :oops: . I like the fast broad access to my large library. The editor eludes me thus far...

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Hey there.

While the audio extraction has always been one of the core reasons for the project, any editing and slicing features were really goodies and were never planned that way. We will however be improving them a little bit with each update and in time, but they are not the priority right now - the database and search features are.

You might have noticed though that no settings can be saved per file so far (this would include slices.) We're moving away from the read-only concept now (https://resonic.at/faq#readonly)

About the slice end during triggering though, expect to see that in the next update.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

NTO
Starting to like this

Thanks for the reply.
I was trying the app in response to a KVR post I saw suggesting it was best for cleaning a sample library. I think that comment was in reference to the organizing at directory content level (files) rather than the intra-file (samples).

Will just have to re-think how I might use it...

NTO
Starting to like this

Re:

Tom wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 06:07
...About the slice end during triggering though, expect to see that in the next update.
Also relevant for the 'Render temporary slices...' options (NOTE - Menu text change from the doc page).

Need some way to specify the end of slice. Currently can't avoid large slice of silent section. (tried inserting extra slice indicator out there, then got 5 exported. Now deleting the first render each time...
2019-03-27_ResonicSlicingMarkedSmall.png
2019-03-27_ResonicSlicingMarkedSmall.png (20.18 KiB) Viewed 12005 times
2019-03-27_ResonicSliceEndingSmall.png
2019-03-27_ResonicSliceEndingSmall.png (33.36 KiB) Viewed 12005 times

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Yeah, it exports all of them so far. I guess a disable slice feature would help here, or sample start and end markers (which are built in, but not enabled yet). Needs a context menu most of all :) All noted.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

cjones
My fingers hurt
First Name: Carson

Re: First use comments

Using this to browse my audio assets. Love the speed. That said, is there an option to drill down into folders to show the contents of subfolders? This would be a must-have in my book. I'd really not like to have to click down to base folders every time I need to browse a category.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

cjones wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 16:34
Using this to browse my audio assets. Love the speed. That said, is there an option to drill down into folders to show the contents of subfolders? This would be a must-have in my book. I'd really not like to have to click down to base folders every time I need to browse a category.
ALT-click on a folder, and wait a bit, or use the scan subfolders command from the context menu.

cjones
My fingers hurt
First Name: Carson

Tom wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 16:58
cjones wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 16:34
ALT-click on a folder, and wait a bit, or use the scan subfolders command from the context menu.
That's it! Thank you - appreciated.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re: Re:

NTO wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 17:57
Need some way to specify the end of slice. Currently can't avoid large slice of silent section. (tried inserting extra slice indicator out there, then got 5 exported. Now deleting the first render each time...
Gonna be in 0.9.4, unstable builds are already available.
Attachments
snap20200122161035.png
snap20200122161035.png (5.94 KiB) Viewed 10201 times