Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Artist Handle: Liqube
Your primary DAWs: Live, Cubase

Marker support slowly evolving

# 024 - October 21, 2013
Marker support for ''Resonic Pro'', slowly evolving.
Join our Slack community for chat, testing, and new builds; or our Resonic Users FB group.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Blues
Likes it here

Re: Marker support slowly evolving

Looking forward to seeing this implemented. To navigate within Audio-books, study-listening files etc.

Will the markers be remembered in a hidden ini-file that resides in each folder?

I realize this is not a full-flegded audio-application, but I can't resist shooting for the stars:
- Easy jumping via number keys? Ctrl/Alt number to assign?
- Maybe even possible to give markers meaningful names?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blues wrote:Looking forward to seeing this implemented. To navigate within Audio-books, study-listening files etc.

Will the markers be remembered in a hidden ini-file that resides in each folder?

I realize this is not a full-flegded audio-application, but I can't resist shooting for the stars:
- Easy jumping via number keys? Ctrl/Alt number to assign?
- Maybe even possible to give markers meaningful names?
Everything you mentioned, and much more, is planned for Resonic Pro. In fact, the marker/region system is one of my top priorities, including comments etc.

About the number keys, I have put a dev video up on YouTube a while ago, where I demonstrate playing markers with the NUM keys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVdQxRvjc_I

Was thinking, for the free version, to add in an option to remember play positions for individual files. This could be very useful for audio books, as you mentioned.
Join our Slack community for chat, testing, and new builds; or our Resonic Users FB group.

Blues
Likes it here

You surpass my wildest hopes. :roll:
Resonic already out-smarts the competition in visual domains. Glad to hear it won't skip a beat on the feature side, either.
Tom wrote:... the marker/region system is one of my top priorities, including comments etc..
:D :D :D

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blues wrote:You surpass my wildest hopes. :roll:
Resonic already out-smarts the competition in visual domains. Glad to hear it won't skip a beat on the feature side, either.
Once the Beta is out it'll be raining features in smaller updates :)

wshaper
Beta Tester
Your primary DAWs: Reaper, Live

Great feature.
I wish we could have 3 modes (each one being handy in different contexts) :
1- being able to write markers from within Resonic (non destructive : the file remains intact, the markers are only visible in Resonic) ;
2- being able to read markers from Wav files (or other formats) : if a file already have markers, i wish we could toggle between visible/hidden (it's useful to see them if for instance you have a long file or a dj mix with markers, but it is less distracting to be able to hide them for a simple listening pleasure).
3- being able to write markers from within Resonic (destructive : the markers are written in the file) ;

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

wshaper wrote:I wish we could have 3 modes (each one being handy in different contexts) :
1- being able to write markers from within Resonic (non destructive : the file remains intact, the markers are only visible in Resonic) ;
That will be the default.
2- being able to read markers from Wav files (or other formats) : if a file already have markers, i wish we could toggle between visible/hidden (it's useful to see them if for instance you have a long file or a dj mix with markers, but it is less distracting to be able to hide them for a simple listening pleasure).
That part is done, what's left is painting.
3- being able to write markers from within Resonic (destructive : the markers are written in the file)
I guess this would come in a later release as the focus for now is reading/playing/browsing/finding.

wshaper
Beta Tester
Your primary DAWs: Reaper, Live

2 out of 3 is nice for a still-beta release :D
Thank you, Tom !

Jan
Beta Tester

Tom wrote:Was thinking, for the free version, to add in an option to remember play positions for individual files. This could be very useful for audio books, as you mentioned.
This would be awesome